| Location: Unity, ME Category: Faculty Posted On: Wed Dec 14 2016 Job Description: |
This position supports instructional and disciplinary expertise in sustainability studies with a specialization in a social science such as sociology, anthropology, and/or environmental policy. This position supports a transdisciplinary approach to education with emphasis on human action, decision making, and social change. Teaching includes 21 course credits of a combination of social sciences, Environmental Citizen general education courses, and other courses as needed. Other duties include advising, professional development, and college service. This position supports the sustainability science framework embedded in the Unity College mission. Essential functions include:
* Deliver Sustainability studies, Social Science, General Education, Sociology, and other courses as assigned.
* Meet with students in an informal and formal advising capacity.
* Engage in scholarly work and contribute to faculty service needs as assigned.
* Serve on campus committees as appropriate given position responsibilities.
* Contribute to the college's commitment to sustainability.
* Assume responsibility to maintain and upgrade professional knowledge and skills with regulations, industry trends, current practices, new developments, and applicable laws.
* Follow the college's standards of conduct.
The qualified candidate will have a PhD degree in Sustainability Science, Sociology, Environmental Policy or related Social Science field by August 2017. Must have knowledge of analytical techniques used in the social sciences such as evidence-based advocacy, stakeholder analysis, focus group research and survey design, among other relevant skills. Preferred skills include mixed methods data analysis, communication across the curriculum, analysis of social movements, GIS, and/or second language instruction. Knowledge of experiential educational practices strongly preferred.