| Reporting to the Associate Dean for Planning and Administration in the Office of the Dean for Basic Science and Graduate Education (DBSGE) and working with the Harvard University Office of Technology Development (OTD), the Project Manager for the Quadrangle Fund for Advancing and Seeding Translational Research (Q-FASTR) will be responsible for facilitating the solicitation, evaluation, development, and management of Q-FASTR projects, as well as other activities related to translational research in the HMS basic science departments.|
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Support Pre- and Full-Proposal Development
Support Ongoing Research
- Engage with HMS researchers in the basic science departments to identify potential applicants for Q-FASTR funding.
- Work with HMS researchers to develop R & D plans that will advance early-stage research and potential technologies to the next level.
- Identify and recommend enhancements to projects prior to submission of final proposals.
- Work with investigators to specify proposed deliverables and milestones.
- Facilitate communication between and among HMS researchers, project groups, programs/departments, and core facilities as appropriate.
- Assist Q-FASTR awardees in project management, including monitoring timelines, deliverables, milestones, and budgets. Facilitate reporting to ESC.
- Coordinate development of agreements with contract research organizations, technical consultants, and other service providers as appropriate.
- Act as liaison with OTD and the Blavatnik Accelerator program, supporting development of projects that might be appropriate for Blavatnik Accelerator funding.
- Manage multiple projects and be involved in due diligence and project planning for future projects.
- Lead the development of resources that may be shared by Q-FASTR awardees, including shared communication website(s), grant management software, tools and technologies.
- Act as liaison with other translational and therapeutics development efforts ongoing in the Longwood Medical Area, including the Harvard Catalyst, the Harvard Program in Therapeutic Science, the ICCB-Longwood Screening Facility, the Harvard Ludwig Center, and the Boston Biomedical Innovation Center (B-BIC). Facilitate relationship with B-BIC to leverage B-BIC resources such as skills development center and grant management software, and support development of projects that might be appropriate for B-BIC funding.
- Act as liaison with OTD.
Manage Q-FASTR Award Process
- Working with the Dean for Basic Science and Graduate Education and representatives from OTD, draft request for proposals (RFP) for review by Executive Steering Committee (ESC) and other appropriate groups and individuals; manage RFP distribution process.
- Coordinate activities of the ESC, including setting up review meetings, taking minutes, etc.
- Prepare confidential disclosure agreements for external members of the ESC and ensure that they are returned prior to distribution of proposals to ESC members.
- Assist in regular communications with key stakeholders, including School administration, faculty, Q-FASTR committees, and external audiences as appropriate.
- Arrange access to funds to awardees.
- Monitor income and expenses of Q-FASTR resources (Q-FASTR fund and other funds that use the Q-FASTR process). Ensure adherence to any fund restrictions.
Support Executive Steering Committee, Advisory Council, External Reviewers
- Recommend potential ESC and Advisory Council members, and external reviewers.
- Advise ESC on research potential from technology development perspective.
- Facilitate communication between researchers and ESC.
This is a three year term appointment with the possibility of renewal based on continued funding.
Salary Grade: 058
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary