At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Hale Center for Families and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Director will be responsible for:
- Leading a team and developing integrated, comprehensive and proactive family-centered programs and volunteer services that are congruent with the philosophy and goals of the department and mission and values of the hospital.
- Providing leadership in the collaboration with other departments within the hospital as well as the community to create programs in response to the needs of patients and families. Developing strategies emphasizing a service culture, and creating an environment which fosters excellence, sensitivity and leadership.
- Determining, developing, evaluating and managing budgets and resources in support of programming.
- Skilled communications with patients and families.
- Creating and sustaining a healthy work environment through authentic leadership, effective communication/collaboration and decision making, appropriate staffing to meet the needs of patients/families and providing opportunities for development and advancement of staff.
- Managing and supervising Center for Families and Volunteer Services staff including interviewing, selection, training, coaching, and performance management.
- Leading individuals and work groups to continuously improve performance by creating an environment that ensures application of quality principles and techniques to achieve goals.
To qualify, you must have:
- A Master's Degree in a Clinical area, Hospital Administration, or related field.
- 5 7 years of experience in a leadership/managerial position required.
The Center for Families collaborates with staff across the hospital to provide a supportive environment where families can access information, services, and resources that enhance their hospital stay. The Center-based resources include use of services such as computers, phone/fax/copy machines, assessment for financial assistance, referrals to internal departments, accommodations, paw prints (our dog visitation program), lactation support, family advisory council, teen programming and more.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.