The Manager of Technology Programs and Business Systems Analyst position reports to the Executive Director of the Office for Business & Community Economic Development (OBCED) and is responsible for managing OBCED’s Community Technology Initiative program and program employees, and providing technology-related services for the unit.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Data Analysis and Management (25%): Provide and develops detailed analysis reports. Develops data collection and analysis strategies based on current industry trends. Provides data management and support services to department staff, including new employee set-up, maintaining staff system access and assisting with application training, and resolving day-to-day technical issues on an on-going, as-needed basis
o Leads the process of analyzing and streamlining complex client business processes to best align technology solutions with business strategies.
o Leads the development of data reporting and business intelligence solutions.
o Ensures documentation of business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical specifications.
o Interprets the data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports for all OBCED programs.
o Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
o Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets
o Acquires data from primary or secondary data sources and maintains databases/data systems
o Locates and defines new process improvement opportunities.
o Consult with staff to identify operational or administrative needs and requirements for data management tools and develop those according to requirements (e.g., database, access tools, identity management, etc.)
o Document, maintain, or build (e.g., queries, forms, reports) complex database systems to support technology and departmental needs
o Create logical design and test based on defined specifications
o Administer databases to include indexing and migration of data monitoring and tuning the system performance
o Resolve escalated database issues to identify the root causes and provide solutions; serve as the top-tier support for complex systems
o Perform analysis or studies to understand best practices, evaluate upgrades and recommend system enhancement
o Provide expertise to, and get buy-in from, senior management on long-term database or data management strategy for department
• Program Management (20%): Assist Executive Director in evaluating technological needs/problems, recommend solutions, and develop and implement IT projects that drive new innovation and improve the department’s overall goal of reducing the digital divide.
o Manage technology projects, which include existing programs housed at the Technology Empowerment Center (TEC) and Technology Training Center (TCC).
o Manage technology projects which include defining project timeline, scheduling project activities, designing project plans, determining project scope, etc.
o Conduct technology research and analysis to assist in the initiation of new projects, identification of stakeholders and team members, and the outline of project goals and scope
• Supervision & Management (20%): Provide day-to-day management and supervision of three full time and one part time staff persons:
o Typically functions as team and project lead and provides procedural and technical guidance to less experienced staff.
o Manage and supervise three computer technology labs
o Responsible for maintaining the technology infrastructure, configuring technology/information systems and tools designed to provide and deliver full on-board training for external and internal customers
o Determine and plan for new programs, integration's, or system improvements for complex applications
o Develop complete individual programs, or groups of programs, through all stages of a SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle), progressing independently and without technical supervision
o Manage and supervise two job readiness programs including curriculum, participants and
• Program Development (20%): Develop, implement and maintain technology/computer training programs that are designed to increase technology awareness, computer literacy at two satellite offices located in North Minneapolis – TEC and TCC.
o Works with clients and technical group to solve complex problems considering technology capacity and desired business results.
o Works with Federal, State and local programs to develop and collaborate technology readiness and training programs.
o Works with Federal, State and local programs to secure program specific dollars earmarked for technology and job readiness programs.
• Training and Staff/ (5%): Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to promote the technology resources of OBCED, TEC and TCC, and establish new partnerships/collaborative relationships with University departments, colleges and units to fully integrate these resources and tools to support OBCED programs. Advise and assist staff with operational and/or administrative needs and requirements for data management tools and technology support.
o Create and conduct IT training and educational programs to both staff and community
o Develop, implement, and approve training and data management and documentation standards and procedures
o Create new content in shared technical support documentation
o Maintain/update department website
• IT Security (5%): Manage and coordinate all security protocol issues for the department to ensure compliance with OIT/University standards and requirements
• System Design and Administration (5%)
o Represents user areas in the more complex systems enhancement and design actives.
o Install, maintain and troubleshoot the Access Programs hardware, peripherals, software and operating systems in a mission-critical environment
o Web server administration
o Web application development
o Active Directory administration for 15 staff members