*A cover letter is required with application.*
Summary: Provides comprehensive support for all campus audio-video, CATV, and TelePresence systems (Multimedia) as well as associated infrastructure. This position recommends enhancements and relays client feedback to Assistant Director of Infrastructure. Designs and performs training for faculty, staff and students.
- Maintains the multimedia support tickets in the reporting system (Remedy).
- Provides technical support for multimedia systems; maintains the high quality standards established for classroom technology.
- Works with other departments to facilitate events that need multimedia technical setup and support.
- Ensures internal control, security, and measures are followed during configuration, integration, and maintenance of hardware and software to protect the security and integrity.
- Collaborates on the design and engineering of multimedia systems in both new implementations and upgrades to existing classrooms.
- Conducts training sessions on the operation of all systems for faculty and staff.
- Performs preventive maintenance and testing of all Multimedia technology in classrooms and conference spaces.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Associate’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- One year of experience in the functional area or a related field.
- Ability to work in normal repair situations as well as a good knowledge of multimedia system design and integration, telepresence systems, and a working familiarity with CATV systems.
- Understanding of integration technology and the application to system design.
- A basic knowledge of sound reinforcement and video technologies.
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills in electronics.
- Ability to operate multiple types of electronic test equipment.
- Ability to use professional knowledge and experience to analyze information and exercise judgment in resolving problems of high complexity.
- Interacts regularly with peers; may interact with internal/external customers to gather data, provide information, or resolve complex technical issues.
- Good written and verbal communications skills, superior telephone etiquette, and the ability to deal effectively with students, faculty, and staff as well as peers and management.
- Knowledge of electrical safety.
- Ability to meet the requirements of the University’s automobile insurance policy.
- Good understanding of programing integrated control systems used in TelePresence automated electronic spaces.
- Availability to work after hours and/or weekends and on-call, as specified by supervisor.
- Ability to lift up to fifty pounds.
- Subject to inside/outside environmental conditions, frequently in close quarters, and subject to hazards.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- CTS or other certification in the AV field.
- AMX control programming experience.
- Operation of hand and power tools.
- Basic Network understanding.
- Understanding of CATV systems.
- Microsoft office tools to include Excel and Word.
- Approachable personality that allows for the dissemination of information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Responsible for own work.
- Accountable for maintaining the security and confidentiality of any proprietary or sensitive information or data in any medium regarding the university or its students, faculty, or staff. Accessing or disclosing such information or data must be deemed necessary for the performance of one’s job responsibilities and must be authorized by the employee’s supervisor
Note: This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform job-related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
In order to provide a safe and productive learning and living community, Wake Forest University conducts background investigations and drug screens for all final staff candidates being considered for employment.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce, and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.