Stockton University seeks applicants for a full-time, 10-month, tenure track faculty position at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor, to begin September 1, 2017. The objective of the Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science program is to equip students with the knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for entry-level Exercise Science positions in public or private industries or future graduate study in related areas. Students will be prepared for success in select certification examinations such as the American College of Sports Medicine’s (ACSM) Certified Exercise Physiologist and the National Strength and Conditioning Association’s (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist. Program faculty are expected to work collaboratively with each other, faculty outside of the program, and community partners.
The School of Health Sciences (SHS) at Stockton University is a dynamic and fast growing school that offers undergraduate degrees in Exercise Science, Health Science, Nursing and Public Health, along with graduate degrees in Communication Disorders, Nursing, and Physical and Occupational Therapy. The SHS continuously evaluates its programs with the goal of meeting the health care needs of the region.
Stockton is a public liberal arts university located about one hour from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City and the Atlantic City Airport. The region includes rural and small-city environments with a diverse ethnic population; the University is committed to increasing the diversity of the faculty and student body. The region also has some of the best beaches on the east coast of the United States. Stockton University has received national recognition for its distinctive academic programs and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The Stockton community combines a sense of tradition with a spirit of innovation to achieve academic excellence. The faculty are strongly committed to providing a liberal arts education.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:1) Offering courses, seminars and tutorials, and supervising independent studies in exercise sciences and related areas; 2) Serving as preceptor to students; 3) Participating in scholarship and/or creative activities as appropriate to the discipline; 4) Providing service to the college, community, and profession; and 5)Performing other duties as designated by the Program Coordinator, Dean, School of Health Sciences and/or the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Minimum Qualifications include: 1) Earned PhD, professional doctoral degree, appropriate terminal professional degree, or evidence of probable completion of any of the qualifications above by June 2017; and 2) effective leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications include: Teaching experience in higher education.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) A curriculum vitae
3.) Three letters of recommendation/reference
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.