Department: Information Technology Services (ITS)
Senior Applications Analyst
George Mason University Information Technology Services (ITS) is seeking an experienced Senior Applications Analyst to be part of Mason’s ITS Administrative Applications and Integration group, located on the Fairfax, Va., campus. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason's academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Provide primary technical support to ensure the reliability, integrity, accessibility and usability of Mason's Ellucian Banner Administrative Applications that support the mission-critical business functions of the university;
- Support users in diagnosing and resolving production problems with software;
- Provide custom application and integration support using advanced programming techniques and tools (Groovy/Grails, JAVA, Perl, Unix Shell scripting, XML, secure data transfer, Web Services, automated file sharing and Web programming); and
- Act as lead technical solutions and third party integrations architect for the group and mentor other staff on advanced techniques.
- B.S. or B.A. degree in computer science or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Thorough knowledge of life cycle methodology, analysis and design techniques, and languages used by applications: PL/SQL, Pro*C, Unix shell scripting, Oracle forms, advanced scripting language (PERL), XML, Java programming, Groovy/Grails, and Web Services;
- Knowledge of secure data transmission and integration techniques;
- Demonstrated ability to define customers’ business requirements in order to analyze and design new applications to satisfy their needs;
- Demonstrated ability to analyze technical issues and problems effectively;
- Ability to effectively communicate with the university’s IT management, Administrative Managers and others; and
- Proven ability to lead a project team and mentor staff in advanced techniques.
- Management and customer services certification.
Salary commensurate with education and experience.
George Mason University is a great place to work where employees are given an opportunity to develop skills and expand horizons. Mason offers tuition waivers, telecommuting and flextime schedules, and facilities that will meet employee physical fitness needs. Additionally, the Mason campus environment is dynamic, and ethnically and culturally diverse.
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience.
Criminal Background Check: Standard Background Check
Mason Ad Statement:
Great Careers Begin at Mason!
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in both academics and research. Mason holds a top U.S. News and World Report “Up and Coming” spot for national universities and is recognized for its global appeal and excellence in higher education.
Mason is currently the largest and most diverse university in Virginia with students and faculty from all 50 states and over 135 countries studying in over 200 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax and Prince William, as well as at learning locations across the commonwealth. Rooted in Mason’s diversity is a campus culture that is both rewarding and exciting, work that is meaningful, and opportunities to both collaborate and create.
If you are interested in joining the Mason family take a look at our current opportunities and catch some Mason spirit at jobs.gmu.edu/!
George Mason University, Where Innovation is Tradition.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 02726z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information to include email address and phone number.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.