About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
The Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation at Virginia Tech invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of International Forest Economics and Management. This position is a full-time, 9-month, tenure-track appointment that emphasizes applications such as forestland investment and management, carbon sequestration/project analysis, sustainable forest enterprises, and other forest management and business applications, particularly in international contexts.
We are committed to upholding and promoting the Virginia Tech Principles of Community (http://inclusive.vt.edu/vtpoc0.html), and we invite applications from individuals who believe they may contribute to the educational benefits of an inclusive, culturally diverse program.
- Teach undergraduate course(s) in forest economics and management for our SAF-accredited forestry options
- Teach at the graduate level in forest economics
- Develop a program of high quality and productive scholarship in an area of international forest economics and management
- Support graduate students and research programs with external grants and contracts
- Advise undergraduate students and supervise graduate students
- Participate in department and university service
- Foster diversity and an inclusive atmosphere in the curriculum and department
- Ph.D. in forest economics with strong microeconomic theory, mathematics, and econometrics background.
- Applicants must have strong promise for developing an outstanding program of teaching and research.
- At least one degree in forestry
- Significant business training or background
- Professional international experience
- Demonstrated ability to integrate or demonstrated interest in integrating multicultural perspectives in teaching, scholarship and/or outreach
Employee Category: Instructional/Research Faculty
Appointment Type: Regular
Tenure Status: Tenure Track
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 01/31/2017