Position Type : Full Time
The Ivy Plus Libraries Director of Resource Sharing Initiatives will work with library staff across the 13 Ivy Plus Libraries on planning, maintaining, and enhancing collective Resource Sharing initiatives including the BorrowDirect resource sharing software. BorrowDirect, an unmediated library resource sharing partnership, was the Ivy Plus Libraries first cooperative initiative. Libraries in the partnership are Brown, Dartmouth, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, Duke, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, MIT, Princeton, University of Pennsylvania, Stanford, and Yale.
The Director of Resource Sharing Initiatives will lead partnership-wide resource sharing strategic initiatives; guide the overall enhancements to the system and the adoption of new systems and coordinate development efforts. The Director of Resource Sharing Initiatives is also responsible for administering and defining use metrics. Developing an evidenced-based data program with interlibrary loan services, circulation information, and other data sources, the incumbent will also work with the Ivy Plus Libraries Collections Group, the Ivy Plus Libraries Director of Collections Initiatives, assessment staff at Ivy Plus Libraries institutions, and other Ivy Plus Libraries cooperative collections groups in recommending and facilitating other cooperative ventures among the partners. These may include cooperative selection and acquisition of scholarly material, coordinated digitization projects, and other initiatives that capitalize on the Ivy Plus Libraries partnership.
NOTE: This full-time position has an initial three-year appointment with continuation possible.
* Lead partnership-wide resource sharing strategic initiatives
* Guide the overall enhancements to the system and the adoption of new systems and coordinate development efforts
* Administer and define use metrics
* Provide support for institutions collaborative resource sharing operations
* Develop and maintain productive relationships with all levels of staff at Ivy Plus Libraries, resource sharing innovators, and the vendor community
* Communicate clearly and effectively with senior-level library administrators, operations staff, and vendors and serve as the primary point of contact with these groups
* Provide regular status reports to, and assist in, coordinating the activities of the senior administrators’ oversight Ivy Plus Libraries Directors’ group
* Represent Ivy Plus Libraries and the BorrowDirect initiative at conferences, regional meetings, and national meetings as required
* Assist partner library Collection Development, Access Services, and any other relevant officers in integrating the resource sharing experience and data intelligence into other cooperative collection building and management activities
* Participate in other Ivy Plus Libraries’ partnership activities, such as development of web resources, web site development, and the preparation of promotional or educational materials
* Travel to Ivy Plus Libraries to implement resource sharing systems, BorrowDirect enhancements, coordinate business meetings, conduct training, etc., as required
* Other duties as assigned