Web Developer/Senior Web Developer
Brown University, Computing and Information Services seeks qualified applicants for the position of Web Developer.
The Web Developer defines, evaluates, and implements technology-based solutions that streamline administrative processes in various offices across campus, including: Computing and Information Services, the Dean of the College and affiliated offices and centers, the Dean of the Facultyâ??s Office and other administrative offices. In this role, the incumbent must facilitate productive relationships with a diverse constituency, including faculty, staff, and students. She/he serves as a product manager, shepherding projects from conception to delivery and support. As a member of Brownâ??s developer community, the Web Developer assists the Associate Director in establishing and promoting common development methodologies and tools to ensure all local systems are integrable with the broader campus IT infrastructure. The Web Developer collaborates with the Associate Director to promote standardization and efficiencies across the division and to maintain a secure and reliable computing environment aligned with CIS established standards and industry best practices.
The grade level of the position will be determined based on the qualifications of the chosen candidate.
- Bachelorâ??s degree in Computer Science or related field
- For grade 9E 1 - 2 years of related technical experience
- For grade 10E 3 - 5 years of related technical experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing and maintaining database-driven web applications
- Familiarity with application development frameworks and version control tools
- Working knowledge of various relational database management systems, including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience with non-traditional database systems, including MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc. is strongly preferred
- Ability to understand non-technical usersâ?? requirements in an academic environment, and to generate user-friendly solutions quickly within the context of departmental initiatives and division goals
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member in a complex environment with competing demands
- Strong communications skills and the ability to collaborate with non-technical users throughout all phases of project design and implementation.
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a criminal background check and education verification satisfactory to Brown.
Recruiting Start Date:2016-12-05-08:00
Job Posting Title:Web Developer/Senior Web Developer
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.