Digital & Social Media Manager - 73430
Develop and implement initiative-level digital community strategy for an organization; partners with internal stakeholders. Supports general marketing efforts for the Stanford MBA Admissions office and manages some key deliverables and projects. This position requires expert knowledge of all technical aspects of the departments online presence as the producer will maintain, update, test, and, in some cases, build online technologies. Researches, recommends, and implements technical enhancements that support MBA Admissions strategic marketing goals. Proactively seeks new and innovative ways to produce and communicate online content through various social media channels. Takes initiative to research and master emergent social media tools and advise staff on their use. Responsible for development and content for all admit communications including website, weekly digest, webinars, etc. Produces tailored communications to prospective applicants including emails, webinars, podcasts, etc.
- Lead digital community-building through social media channels, blogs and the web.
- Manage development and implementation of digital community strategy for a group, unit, project, program, initiative, channel, organization or unit; including how to engage customers and fundamentally impact their relationship with constituents.
- Responsible for ownership and management of digital channels and/or the web. Oversee editorial strategy and voice (of the content through the channels).
- Partner with internal stakeholders such as program teams, service teams, IT, campus partners to achieve program goals and to ensure coordination.
- Manage constituent complaints and reputational issues and other high priorities on digital channels.
- May hire, coach and manage teams. May hire and oversee outside vendors.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and minimum 3 years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated problem solver.
- Ability to leverage current and future trends to help an organization succeed at the initiative level, for a specific group, team or unit.
- Ability to work independently to meet expected deadlines and schedules.
- Strong analytic and information systems design abilities
- Strong communication skills: listening, writing, and verbal
- Strong knowledge of:
- Adobe Photoshop
- content management systems such as Drupal
- social media trends and tools: Facebook groups, LinkedIn, message boards, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube
- Google Analytics
- Search Engine Optimization including for video
- web accessibility standards, web design, and web content best practices
- video editing
- Working knowledge of:
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
- SalesForce and Exact Target
- Survey software such as Qualtrix
- Cisco Webex
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, sit, use a telephone, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, speaking.
- Occasionally grasp forcefully, writing by hand.
- Rarely sort/file paperwork.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the university will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable university policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the university's Administrative Guide, http://admingide.stanford.edu
Location: Graduate School of Business
Job Code: 4913