The UMKC School of Social Work invites applications for a part-time adjunct instructor in its Advanced Generalist MSW Degree Program. This position involves working with the lead instructor in those courses where there are multiple sections of the course (and the Educational Program Director where there are not multiple sections) in the construction of the course syllabus, including the requisite assessment criteria and measures, and delivering classes on the Volker Campus. Since our course offerings vary by term and over time, we may need adjuncts for any course in our curriculum at different points in time.
Please consult our course listing at http://cat-edit.umkc.edu/~/Catalog/ViewCatalog.aspx?htmllink=
viewcatalog&catalogid=98&topicgroupid=56473 for more information on course content.
The UMKC School of Social Work Mission is:
Vision Statement: UMKC School of Social Work will become a model urban, professional school recognized for its partnership within diverse communities to effectively collaborate and sustain a safe, more economically secure, and socially just quality of life.
Mission Statement: To prepare competent, advance generalist social work practitioners to meet the needs of multi-cultural diverse populations in a dynamic mid-western metropolitan context; to be culturally proficient, ethical leaders and service providers engaged in knowledge-driven, inter-professional, multi-systemic, community-based practice; who advocate for social and economic justice, enhance human wellbeing, and support individuals' capacity to address their own needs.
1. To prepare culturally proficient advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to provide human services for diverse populations.
2. To prepare advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to engage in interdisciplinary scientific inquiry, and critical thinking.
3. To prepare advanced generalist social work leaders and practitioners to develop and implement multi-systemic, multi-level evidence-based practices.
4. To prepare advanced generalist social workers that understand and identify with the social work profession and are committed to upholding the values and ethics of the profession that serve to guide professional practice.
5. To prepare advanced generalist social workers to advocate for social and economic justice through collaboration with multi-cultural diverse communities.
UMKC is a comprehensive urban university in the land-grant tradition and training for the Advanced Generalist MSW is seen as an important part of that tradition.