Financial Systems Analyst - 73384
Financial Systems Analyst
Job Family: Information Technology Services
Job Series: IT Systems Analyst
Job Code: 4802
Note: Not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description
Reporting to the Manager, the Financial Systems Analyst will be a part of the Systems and Reporting Operations (S&RO) team in Financial Management Consulting and Support (FMCS). S/he will be responsible for ensuring the Oracle Financials system operates in an efficient and optimal manner in conjunction with the University business processes and other University systems. This position will work closely with other team members, including three Financial System Analysts, to execute key processes, interfaces and reports, and monitor results to ensure the completeness and validity of data interfaced into the Oracle modules. S/he will work with Oracle Administrative Systems to provide support on enhancements, fixes, and to troubleshoot system issues.
Capture and model/map business requirements related to Oracle Financials modules, and work with business partners to understand directions and priorities to assure the delivery of quality solutions. Serve as project leader on small to medium-sized projects or on a portion of a larger project, as assigned.
- Act as single point of contact between S&RO and the client.
- Participate in the daily processing of University financial data, HR interfaces between PeopleSoft and Oracle Financials, as well as in the mid-month, month, quarter and year-end close activities by running key business and related batch processes, processing payroll, verifying critical financial data and ensuring timely and effective communication with other central offices involved in the process.
- Support help desk efforts by responding to inquiries related to the Oracle Financials HR/LD, GA and GL modules. Work closely with Financial Support Center (FSC) help desk support and Oracle Administrative Systems to resolve and/or escalate issues associated with the Oracle modules.
- Provide communication support by working with the FMCS Client Advocacy & Education (CAE) group to deliver any necessary interdepartmental and intradepartmental communications, create, update and maintain documents, policies, and user guides on Fingate.
- Create tickets for bugs, tasks, or enhancements requests, including requests to streamline current processes and work closely with Oracle Administrative Systems to resolve issues.
- Perform necessary business and system analysis to gather all pertinent data related to issues in production system, patches, upgrades, and enhancements.
- Collaborate with business partners to gather requirements and identify gaps between requirements and the application. Assist business partners with determining deliverables, creating system test plans, identifying test scenarios, managing user-acceptance testing and conducting production roll out of resolution.
- Collaborate with developers on application specifications and system enhancements to ensure appropriateness of design and delivering resolution of issues; work with business partners to test and deploy resolution in a timely manner.
- Assist with initial determination of the feasibility of requests and ensure user requirements are thoroughly and accurately documented in accordance with standard techniques.
- Interact with team members, the user community and others on an ongoing basis to ensure accurate identification and delivery of business requirements.
- Make formal recommendations, and write application specifications, including conversion, upgrade and interface routines.
- Develop functional specifications to ensure compliance with system development lifecycle methods.
- Team up with business partners and developers to set realistic response time and/or deliverable expectations.
- Manage the implementation of the approved development in partnership with developers and business partners.
* - Other duties may also be assigned
Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree and eight years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong capabilities in the following: data mapping, conversion, table structure knowledge, running and analyzing traces, configuration settings, page customizations, security updates, custom coding logics, issues analysis and recommendations, running SQL queries, documentation skills, test scripts development, functional analysis, coordination of user acceptance and sign-off, business process improvement, fit/gap analysis, requirements documentation and process flow charting, presentation of options and solutions facilitation.
- Strong understanding of financial data in a large, complex environment or providing consultation to similar organizations.
- Strong understanding of the components of web applications, specifically, Oracle Financials (E-Business Suite)
- Strong understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively with minimum direction.
- Ability to establish effective, ongoing relationships with clients, staff and management.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and work under pressure in high stress situations.
- Experience at Stanford University is preferred.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, use a telephone.
- Rarely writing by hand, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
- Work extended hours, and occasional weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Technology Services
Location: Business Affairs
Job Code: 4802