Stockton University is opening a search for a Director of Clinical Education (DCE). The DCE is a full-time 12-month professional staff position in an environment where diversity is encouraged. The DCE will oversee the clinical education program of the curriculum.
Stockton University is an innovative liberal arts university surrounded by 1600 beautifully wooded acres in the southeastern New Jersey Pinelands. It is located about one hour from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, and 20 minutes from Atlantic City. Stockton has received national recognition for its distinctive academic programs and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The dynamic faculty and student body at Stockton combine a spirit of innovation with a sense of tradition for academic excellence. Stockton is ranked in the top 15 of Public Regional Universities of the North and as one of the Best Colleges for Veterans by US News and World Report.
Stockton University’s School of Health Sciences offers many graduate and undergraduate degrees in the health related professions including a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT). The Physical Therapy Program enjoys excellent clinical and campus-wide support and recently- expanded classroom and lab facilities. Construction of new facilities will include a cadaver lab and multidisciplinary simulation suite as part of the School’s ongoing commitment to inter-professional education.
The successful candidate for this position will be joining the program of eight faculty members with diverse professional backgrounds.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage administrative responsibilities and data management tasks for multiple clinic sites;
- Collaborate with program faculty on curriculum design and integration of clinics in program courses, including developing and grading clinical assignments;
- Develop clinic objectives with appropriate faculty;
- Instruct students regarding all aspects of clinical education as well as personal attributes and skills needed for successful participation in clinical experiences;
- Develop and maintain program policies regarding clinical experiences;
- Prepare annual status report including recommendations for program change, evaluation of clinical sites, and evaluation of clinical faculty and student evaluations;
- Provide service to the university, community, and profession;
- Perform other duties as designated by the Physical Therapy Program Director, Dean of the School of Health Sciences or the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs.
Minimal Qualifications include:
- A minimum of three years of full-time post-licensure physical therapy clinical practice is required.
- At least two of these years must include clinical practice as a CCCE or CI in physical therapy, or two years’ experience in teaching, curriculum development, or administration in a physical therapy education program.
- Hold or be eligible for a physical therapy license in New Jersey.
- Clinical doctorate in physical therapy (DPT) or academic doctorate.
- Applicants must demonstrate potential for progression of a scholarly agenda.
Starting date for this position is July 1, 2017. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience.
Screening of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
- A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
- A curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation/reference
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.