| The Maryland Psychiatric Research Center (MPRC), Department of Psychiatry, University of Maryland School of Medicine (UMSOM) is hiring a Director of Center Operations who will manage the operational, financial, and administrative functions of the Center. This position works closely with the MPRC Director, faculty, and staff; University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB) and UMSOM senior management; and various external State agencies. Responsibilities include oversight of all center finances, budgets, research grants, facilities management, and IT infrastructure; supervision of business and HR staff; and the development and implementation of policies and procedures to assure a cohesive and effective program.|
The University of Maryland, Baltimore offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
This position reports to the Maryland Psychiatric Research Center in Catonsville, MD.
- Develop solutions that are aligned with the goals of the program.
- Oversee operations to ensure the achievement of strategic and financial objectives for the center. Prepare an annual department budget; negotiate, coordinate, and administer contracts; approve expenditures; and analyze variances and initiate and enforce corrective actions. Oversee budgeting and financial reporting, including tracking of all financial transactions, reporting transactions to external agencies, and developing detailed financial plans for primary investigators.
- Oversee research administration for the organization, including research budgeting; pre- and post-award administration; effort reporting and cost sharing decisions related to research, research space planning and facility management of five (5) buildings.
- Design, maintain, and implement MPRC policies and/or services by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; and making necessary adjustments.
- Oversee other administrative functions, such as Information Technology and data development projects; capital equipment planning and management; general procurement; HR, personnel, payroll, and accounting management.
- Assist senior management with analyses and reporting; serve as an adviser on business matters and publicly represent the MPRC, as needed.
- Supervise assigned staff within the framework of the overall plan of the organization. Is responsible for recruiting, selecting, evaluating, and training business office staff; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.