| At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Integrated Care Organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.|
This Biostatistical Healthcare Analyst will be responsible for:
- Providing statistical support to CHICO program management and quality improvement functions.
- Working with the clinical analytics team to develop statistical reports and analyses to identify, implement and evaluate clinical performance improvement opportunities in various clinical settings and varied populations.
- Providing analytical support for CHICO regulatory, analytical, and other reports.
- Writing technical documentation for datasets and analyses.
- Providing biostatistical support for program management, quality improvement, and applied research projects.
- Collaborating, consulting and educating CHICO staff on best practices in the areas of program management, quality improvement and research.
To qualify, you must have:
This position is eligible for an Employee Referral Bonus.
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or a closely related field and a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience. Technical awareness of coding systems, data types and data structures used to store clinical, demographic, and financial data in healthcare databases is a plus.
- Knowledge of clinical concepts, terminology and workflow preferably as they apply to pediatrics. One year of experience in a pediatric healthcare setting is preferred.
- Experience with computer-based reporting and analysis tools such as: Microsoft Access, Crystal Reports, Business Objects, SAS, SPSS, Cognos, or Microstrategy (preferred).
- An understanding of the value and use of standardized definitions, calculations, naming, and data storage conventions when working with such tools.
- An understanding of basic relational database concepts, SQL syntax, and coding practices. In addition, familiarity with dimensional data modeling concepts used in data warehousing, business intelligence and business analytics applications would be a big plus.
- The ability to translate reporting needs expressed in clinical or operational terms to technical solutions based on existing data, data structures and query tool functionality.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Network Development & Strategic Partnerships
Standard Hours Per Week: 40