Links High School Programs Outreach Coordinator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08899
Location: Southeast Campus
Address: 2305 SE 82nd and Division, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 5, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $47,411 to $82,208/yr (see "Additional Posting Information" section for details)
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
| Continuation of this position is dependent upon annual renewal of funding. |
The Links High School Programs Outreach Coordinator is responsible for the overall marketing?, outreach,? and recruitment efforts for Links High School Programs: Gateway to College and YES to College programs?. ?The Outreach Coordinator will work as a team with Links managers in developing and implementing a comprehensive outreach program.
The Links High School Programs Outreach Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and monitoring the marketing, intake, selection, admission, advising, and retention efforts for PCC Links Programs (YES and Gateway to College), serving 16 to 20 year old? students?. Responsibilities include: new student outreach, development of marketing materials, departmental and program specific promotional events, new student intake activities including: communication with school districts, parents and students, organizing and conducting information sessions, presenting information to prospective students, assessments of students' needs and educational goals,?conducting individual interviews with applicants,? and new student selection.
Additional information can be located at: PCC Links Programs
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
| - Under the direction of the program manager, assist in developing and implementing district-wide, campus based, and program specific marketing and recruitment strategies. |
- Plan and coordinate campus and district events such as informational workshops and open houses to inform the public about educational opportunities available through Links at PCC.
- Conduct Information Sessions and Evaluations for program applicants.
- Design and develop community outreach programs.
- Track statistics, gather data, and write reports.
- May include providing services and referrals for specific populations during the recruitment and admissions process.
- May be assigned district-wide responsibilities associated with an area of admissions specialty, e.g. Minority and Ethnic Recruitment, Coordinator of District-Wide Events, Web site planning, Publications.
- May provide referral to academic advising and general program advising to incoming students as necessary.
- Assume a lead role for Links events and Links programs on campus, including coordinating the work of others involved in these programs.
- Collaborate with PCCs marketing department to design and implement PCC's marketing plan.
- Serve as primary resource between PCC Links, its programs and school district partners, community based organizations, social service agencies, as well as students and parents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
| - The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. |
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related field (experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year by year basis).
- Experience in program coordination
- Demonstrated experience in academic advising, student services, or counseling in an academic environment
- Experience in effective supervisory/office management techniques
- Experience in public speaking, educational marketing and recruitment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective management and supervisory techniques.
Considerable knowledge of academic marketing and recruitment methods.
Knowledge of effective principles used in developing an academic plan.
Knowledge of student success strategies and issues.
Knowledge of basic admissions principles.
Knowledge and experience building and maintaining cooperative programs and relationships with business and education partners.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Ability to effectively plan and organize events.
Ability to organize and effectively communicate large bodies of information to diverse groups of people and professionally represent PCC to a wide variety of constituents.
Ability to conceptualize displays and publications.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
Occasional light lifting of large quantities of recruiting materials and display equipment that may weigh 30-50 pounds required. During peak recruiting seasons requires long hours of standing on cement and gym floors.
| Special/Preferred Qualifications: |
-Demonstrated experience managing outreach and recruitment.
-Demonstrated experience presenting program information to high school populations.
-Demonstrated experience working with alternative education programs, parents, and "at-risk" populations.
-Experience facilitating small workshops, information sessions, and outreach events for high school students.
-Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining effective relationships and communication with school districts, community partners, and various college departments.
-Demonstrated extensive marketing experience and knowledge of tools and techniques that increase student participation in educational programs.
-Experience assessing student needs and connecting them with appropriate educational services.
-Strong organizational skills with experience in program coordination.
Additional Posting Information:
| Additional Posting Information: |
"Links High School Programs Outreach Coordinator" is the working title for this position. The PCC classification title is "Student Outreach and Orientation Coordinator"
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency