- B.S. Degree in engineering (civil, mechanical, or similar field) required.
- Minimum five (5) year’s work experience in building/construction related discipline. Proven record in construction related field with working knowledge of construction management processes, means, and methods.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with proven ability to develop and maintain constructive working relationships with internal department representatives and outside vendor groups.
- Ability to interface and maintain relations with federal, state, local agencies (such as Moon Township) as necessary.
- Ability to work independently, lead program initiatives, and think creatively.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritize multiple job requirements. Must be able to achieve personal, departmental, and organizational goals using diplomacy.
- Proficient in computer/software applications including Microsoft Office and construction management tools.
- Strong technical background in engineering and/or construction industry including knowledge of building/construction standards and codes.
- Knowledge of building construction materials, systems, and technologies. Develops, designs and creates new applications, ideas, and/or processes for effective construction management.
- Strong attention to accuracy, detail oriented, and demonstration of organizational skills. Capable of taking direction and implementing continuous improvement strategies.
- Ability to bend, stoop, kneel, lift, climb ladders, remain standing or walk for extended periods of time and similar condition encountered on a construction site.
- Position must be available to support 24/7 operations and perform other related work as assigned.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a letter of interest and an attached resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. To ensure proper processing, applicants must use the following subject line format:
First Name Last Name – Position Reference Number
Example: Bob Morris - 123456
This position description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by the employee holding this job. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to conform with the University’s Policy of Ethical Practice and the following: perform quality work within deadlines with/without direct supervision; interact professionally with other employees, students, customers and suppliers; work effectively as a team contributor; and work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating/coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Robert Morris University is committed to increasing diversity in our community and actively pursues individuals from all backgrounds. Additionally, RMU complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws and provides equal opportunity in all educational programs and activities, admission of students and conditions of employment for all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or national origin. EOE