The West Virginia University Cancer Institute is seeking applications for a Program Coordinator. This position oversees, plans, directs and coordinates organizational activities, including policy formulation and management of the operations for the WV Lung Cancer Survivorship Program, Bridge to Good Living. The incumbent will provide direct and professional support to staff and patients for the survivorship program for curative lung cancer patients and their families.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Administer assessment to help determine patient's survivorship needs.
- Conduct patient-family encounters and assist the healthcare team to clarify patient and family goals.
- Monitor and manage physical and psychosocial symptoms.
- Provide system-wide education and information pertaining to survivorship.
- Prepare and maintain accurate patient records, charts and documents to support the survivorship program.
- Work collaboratively with medical, nursing and social work staff to facilitate problem solving and provide professional support.
- Participate in developing, educating and integrating system-wide survivorship clinical policies and documentation tools.
- Assist with Program Evaluations and attend related meetings.
- Attend survivorship program seminars/conferences to maintain knowledge base; some travel is required.
- Master's degree with concentration or experience in nursing, public health, health education, medical social work, or other health-related area
- Two (2) years experience in nursing, public health, health education, medical social work, or other health-related area, including:
- Working with health care providers/patients
- Program assessment and evaluation
- Firm understanding of public health principles and practice
- Proficiency with MS Office software and ability to learn and use the Oncore Clinical Management system and EPIC
- Ability to work productively on a team of clinical and administrative staff
- Write and edit clearly and informatively, vary style to meet needs, present numerical data effectively, and able to read and interpret written information
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional matters with objectivity and openness; respond promptly to needs and requests for service and assistance
- Excellent group presentation skills
- Valid driver's license
- Background Check
- A WV license in the appropriate professional field based on degree of candidate (LGSW or LCSW, Nursing, if applicable) is preferred
About WVU At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Job Posting: Jan 26, 2017
Posting Classification: FE/AP
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes