Rowan University is a public comprehensive state-designated research institution with approximately 16,000 students. Its main campus is located in Glassboro, N.J., 20 miles southeast of Philadelphia, with additional campuses in Camden and Stratford. The University comprises seven colleges and five schools: the William G. Rohrer College of Business; the Henry M. Rowan College of Engineering; the Colleges of Communication and Creative Arts, Education, Humanities and Social Sciences, Performing Arts, and Science and Mathematics; the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University; the Rowan University School of Osteopathic Medicine; the Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences; the School of Health Professions; and the School of Earth and Environment. Rowan is one of two public universities in the country to offer M.D. and D.O. medical degree programs. The institution is also home to the South Jersey Technology Park, which fosters the translation of applied research into commercial products and processes. Rowan has been recognized as one of the top 100 public universities in the nation and is ranked third among public institutions in the North by U.S. News & World Report.
Rowan University operates in a global context, reaching out to all sectors of society at home and abroad to make education an international experience. As part of Rowan's internationalization strategy, the International Center creates and fosters international activities, hosts international students and scholars who come to Rowan, and provides advice and assistance to students, faculty, and staff who are interested in an international dimension to their study, teaching, or research.
As part of Rowan?s internationalization strategy, the International Center creates and fosters international activities, host international students and scholars who come to Rowan, and provides advice and assistance to students, faculty, and staff who are interested in an international dimension to their study, teaching, or research.
The position is responsible for all general office duties and maintaining the social media presence of the International Center. This position will entail responding to visitor walk-in requests, maintaining student files, answering phones, assisting with financial transactions and record keeping, communicating with other departments, using social media to communicate International Center announcements and events to the campus community, and providing general support to the office. With sufficient training, this position will be able to use Banner to complete the end user portion of the ?req to check? process for all departmental purchases. This position must additionally assist with event coordination and planning.
The responsibilities of this position include working independently and as a member of a team under moderate supervision to:
- Respond to visitor walk-in requests
- Copy, scan, and shred paperwork related to student files and other office operations
- Maintain student files by accurately organizing and filing student paperwork
- Assist with compilation and organization of office financial documents
- With sufficient Banner training, input requisitions and complete receivings, while ensuring purchase orders and invoices are sent to the appropriate channels
- Assist staff with travel request, travel expense, DCA, and MDV forms
- Maintain receipts for all credit card purchases and ensure timely completion of monthly office credit card log
- Organize international travel waivers and itineraries and enter the information they contain into the International Travel spreadsheet
- Coordinate with staff using the Outlook calendar to schedule interoffice meetings
- Respond to student and scholar email inquiries, notify students of documents available for pickup, and communicate important announcements to the international student and scholar community
- Answer phones, take accurate messages, and transfer calls to appropriate personnel as needed
- Assist with issuing student employment, visitor, and ineligibility letters
- Advertise events to the campus community using the International Center?s social media accounts on Facebook and Twitter
- Make periodic updates to the International Center website
- Assist with international student orientation coordination and logistics by communicating with other departments on campus
- Assist and facilitate International Education Week activities and other events
- Create files for new incoming students and scholars, update the follow-up sheet as needed, collect and gather documents, and verify information as required
- Update and create fillable PDF forms as needed
- Maintain and compile statistics for student/scholar front desk sign-in sheet
- Assist students in identifying and accessing necessary resources outside the office as needed
- Attend professional development and training programs as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position is assigned to 25 hours per week. Work assignment is currently scheduled through June 30, 2017 and is subject to renewal each fiscal year.
- Previous relevant clerical experience
- Accurate data entry and record-keeping skills; experience creating reports, charts, and tables
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Experience in Ellucian Banner
- Experience in Drupal
- Experience in managing professional social media accounts
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Discretion and professionalism in dealing with sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal communication, customer service skills, and excellent telephone etiquette
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and prior experience studying abroad preferred
- Must be able to work well and develop rapport with individuals of diverse cultures and ethnic groups with varying levels of English proficiency
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, be well-organized and task-oriented, perform effectively under pressure and adapt to changing demands and priorities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Interest and commitment to meeting the needs specific to international students and scholar
Rowan University values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity in employment.
All positions are contingent upon budget appropriations.