Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator - Oral Health (2 year Temporary)
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08893
Location: CLIMB Center
Address: 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Varies
Position Status: Academic Professional; Salary Level 5, Fulltime, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $48,122/yr to $83,441/yr. Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied fo
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received
| Portland Community College's Institute for Health Professionals (IHP) is looking for a Business Training and Educational Development Coordinator ? Oral Health. IHP serves the regional and global healthcare community through non-credit and continuing education. Training is delivered in the traditional classroom, online, and in blended environments. Many programs require clinical/externship experiences and hands on, real-life experience in the skills and knowledge that employers value most. Strong connections with local industry are critical to the success of IHP's students and programs. |
This role involves marketing, designing, developing, coordinating and instructing non-credit and continuing education training for the health industry. The primary focus for this individual will be oral health and its broader impact on overall healthcare. Additional areas of expertise and interest will be required for health training development. This individual will be a key liaison with the dental community across the state.
We value the following:
- Constant improvement in course delivery and student learning.
- Innovation in teaching methodologies that support critical thinking and problem-solving
- Developing future workers in healthcare
- A collaborative work environment that is driven by our values and business requirements
- Interdisciplinary initiatives among health professions and allied health across a college district and globally
This is a 2 year temporary benefited position ending December 1, 2018.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
| 1. Coordinate all aspects of the development, delivery, and evaluation of training programs and services. Write contracts. Ensure contractual agreements are met. Track and monitor budgets and invoicing. |
2. Develop or participate in curriculum development. Work with instructors, clients, or subject experts in development process. Write course objectives and course content guides. Identify, secure and maintain needed equipment
3. Instruct classes related to the program
4. Monitor programs and courses to ensure that they meet continuing education mandates of licensing /certification agencies.
5. Coordinate and conduct marketing for assigned program(s) to target clients. Design and develop marketing material to promote services. Interface with business and industry. Develop and facilitate business partnerships
6. Develop course schedule for credit, continuing education, and open campus management and professional development classes. Coordinate logistics of each class. Process course evaluations, continuing education credits, and course grades.~
7. Contact prospective clients, initiate cold calls, follow-up on leads with client visits, phone calls, and/or letters. Develop proposals based on identified client needs and close sales.
8. Recruit, screen, and recommend the hiring of faculty and workshop facilitators. Screen resumes, call references, negotiate fees within established guidelines. Evaluate instructor effectiveness and offer recommendations for improvement.
9. Conduct cost analysis and develop budget. Determine profit margin, negotiate client and instructor contracts, coordinate instructor travel arrangements, and review and monitor costs/expenses associated with program.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned.
| The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. |
Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that display these qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Communication, Organizational Design, Marketing, Education, or related field. Experience performing the duties of this job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis. Depending on position, specialized training may be required.
Demonstrated experience in developing and coordinating educational programs. Demonstrated experience in marketing and/or sales. Experience working with adults and curriculum design, development, and delivery. Specialized experience within area of assignment may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Considerable knowledge of effective marketing techniques.
Considerable knowledge of adult learning theory, needs assessment, and curriculum development and evaluation.
Considerable knowledge of current business trends and terminology.
Knowledge of effective supervisory and project management methods and techniques.
In depth knowledge and awareness of emerging trends in educational program area.
Skill in operating a computer and various supporting software packages.
Skill in project management and independent problem solving.
Skill in defining and conducting needs assessments.
Skill in designing and developing curriculum.
Ability to manage multiple projects.
Ability to develop, monitor, and track budgets.
Ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Ability to effectively communicate in oral and written form.
Ability to transport educational materials that may weigh up to 50 pounds. Using a computer or telephone may require extended periods of sitting.
Work is performed in an office setting. Incumbents drive to client offices or field sites to conduct sales calls, finalize contracts, or coordinate training programs requiring the use of a personal vehicle. Work hours require flexibility in order to meet client training requirements. Early morning, evening, and occasional weekend hours are required.
| - Must have current CDA (Certified Dental Assistant), Oregon Radiology Proficiency, |
Oregon EFDA and Sealant Certificates; Bachelor's Degree required; Clinical Experience of 5 years in a FT position either as a general chair-side assistant or as a dental assisting instructor. A dental hygiene license or dentist license could substitute for the dental assisting certificates.
- Five (5) years recent clinical experience in the dental office setting (computation, communication)
- Experience in curriculum design, teaching or training (Human Relations)
- Evidence of recent continuing education in the areas of team building and/or dental practice management skills (human relations and communication), dental materials manipulation and fabrication of impressions, temporary crowns, and study casts (computation) and experience in curriculum design, teaching or training (human relations)
- Recent continuing education in the dental field (Human Relations)
- Must have background in and current knowledge of dental assisting, the specific subjects they are teaching and educational theory and methodology consistent with teaching assignment, e.g., curriculum development, educational psychology, test construction, measurement and evaluation.
- Must hold any current dental assisting credential required by the state in addition to a Dental Assisting National Board "Certified Dental Assistant" credential
Additional Posting Information:
| To apply for this position you must submit: |
1. Completed responses to the (4) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll to see questions below - (attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Initial salary placement will normally be at Step 1. Advanced initial salary placement for directly relevant professional, business or industrial experience may be applied for new Academic Professionals.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to supply official copies of transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency