Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08887
Location: Central Distribution Services
Address: 6713 SW Bonita RD Portland OR 97224
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 14; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $2,498 to $2,551 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
| Under the direction of central stores receives, verifies invoices, forwards and stores merchandise for user departments or for sale in campus outlets. Drives cargo van or truck to deliver and pick up merchandise, books and other goods throughout the college district and Portland area businesses and schools. Interpersonal contacts primarily include college central service staff, external delivery services, publishers, manufacturers and local businesses. |
Job requires well-developed verbal skills to present and exchange information which is sometimes technical or complex. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Responsible for producing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review. May provide training and guidance to other staff and alternative learning students, work study and student help.
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
| 1. Receives incoming shipments of merchandise; transports to storage area, verifies count with packing slip/invoice, notes and records any shortages/overages. Notifies appropriate operational and accounting personnel of any discrepancies. |
2. Puts merchandise into stock and/or arranges for transfer. Operates forklift, pallet jack, and/or hand truck to transport goods.
3. Drives cargo van or truck to deliver and pick up equipment, books, furniture and other merchandise throughout the college district and Portland area businesses and schools.
4. Provides information, takes and processes orders in person or through telephone contact.
5. Ships goods/merchandise via U.P.S. and various freight carriers. In the event of damage or incorrect shipments, packs and returns items to vendor, in accordance with vendor guidelines and carrier regulations.
6. Conducts inventory of goods and equipment as required. Works with purchasing and accounts payable departments on matters concerning proper location of goods, complete/incomplete purchase orders and requisitions and location of necessary paperwork to complete and ship orders.
7. Organizes and maintains storage area in a safe and efficient manner.
8. Maintains accurate files and records; distributes documents to appropriate departments.
9. Provides training and guidance to other staff and alternative learning students, work study and student help.
10. Performs preventive maintenance, servicing, fueling and recordkeeping of college vehicles. Arranges for other repairs as necessary.
11. May process student book orders via the phone and/or web. This involves accessing orders, pulling books to be sent, operating a cash register, and shipping items to students.
12. Provides back-up and/or assists in related functions, such as mailroom.
13. May assist and/or be cross-trained in other related areas such as heavy truck driving.
14. Performs other related duties as assigned.
| - The education and/or work history sections of your online application form must demonstrate that you meet all of the following Minimum Qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. |
- Satisfactory references and successful completion of the criminal background check are required to meet the minimum qualifications for hire into this position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year of experience performing stock control, inventory and recordkeeping functions. Basic knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Ability to interact effectively with wide spectrum of people, and to maintain composure under stressful conditions. Requires patience and well-developed verbal skills to provide training and guidance to others, particularly special needs students. Ability to organize and schedule work to meet established timelines with minimum supervision.
Must have a valid driver's license and possess an acceptable driving record. Must be able to pass PCC's "Forklift Operators" and "Right to Know" requirements.
| Special/Preferred Qualifications: |
Two years of experience performing stock control, inventory and recordkeeping functions. Basic knowledge of computer data entry/retrieval procedures.
Two years experience in warehousing & logistics utilizing industry standard tools i.e. forklift, pallet jack, hand truck.
Additional Posting Information:
| Additional Posting Information: |
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the (2) Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency