Graduation/Transfer Credit Evaluator
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08881
Location: Downtown Center
Address: 722 SW 2nd Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Classified; Level 19; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $3,259 to $3,329 per month
Job Close Date: Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
| Under the general direction of student records management, works to ensure the integrity of academic records/transcript data and the accuracy of the academic degrees and certificates conferred by PCC. Performs graduation evaluations to determine if curriculum requirements have been met. Presents and exchanges technical or complex information with students, staff, the public, and officials from other educational institutions and government agencies. |
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options.
Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
Starts at 6.67 hours of Vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
8 hours of Sick Leave per month
24 hours of additional Personal Leave days per year
11 Paid Holidays
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age. Tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions.
For a complete list of PCC benefits please copy and paste the following link into another browser http://www.pcc.edu/hr/benefits/
| - Conducts official transcript evaluations for the purposes of credit transfer and appropriate course placement. Analyzes course syllabi, course descriptions, college catalogs and other documents to evaluate non-PCC transcripts to determine equivalencies with PCC courses and programs; assigns and enters appropriate attributes that facilitates degree auditing. |
- Evaluates credit for prior learning such as military, CLEP, and certifications. Evaluates foreign transcripts. Communicates with other colleges, universities, and testing and training agencies for the purpose of research of the nature, level, and content of prior coursework. Works with CTE department chairs to determine course equivalency and applicability towards CTE programs of study.
- Evaluates and audits students' academic history (both at PCC and from transfer institutions) in light of catalog requirements and academic regulations in an equitable and consistent manner. Determines coursework needed for graduation.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws.
- Interprets and articulates complex academic policy to students, staff, faculty, and the public. Collaborates with other departments, advisors, and faculty department chairs.
- Provides ongoing training and support regarding transfer credit, credit for prior learning, student privacy, and graduation policy and process to academic advisors, faculty department chairs, and staff.
- In accordance with institutional awarding policy, develops processes to identify students close to completion. Creates and maintains active case files/documentation on individual students. Communicates outstanding requirements to academic departments and advisors. Maintains statistical information and produces reports on students served.
- Advises graduation candidates on appropriate classes needed to achieve completion and makes suggestions on additional coursework that could lead to additional degrees. Meets or speaks with academic advisors and students to clarify course evaluation when requested. Serves as student advocate in matters related to academic record appeals.
- Assists management in developing and implementing accurate record keeping systems.
- Conducts other Student Records' activities as needed (e.g., reverse transfer, commencement, grade changes, committees and work groups, authenticating and linking official documents to students' academic record, etc.).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
| >In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application. |
High school diploma or equivalent supplemented with two terms of college level course work in business technology or related area (experience performing the duties described above for six months may substitute for the college level course work).
Two years of experience in good record keeping and analysis.
Work is performed in an ordinary office environment. There is some exposure to noise due to printers and copiers and working in an open office area.
| Special/Preferred Qualifications: |
Preference will be given to applicants with additional education beyond the minimum qualifications.
Experience working in a Registrar's/Student Records Office.
Experience with student records in higher ed institution
Experience with Banner or similar database.
Additional Posting Information:
| Additional Posting Information: |
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)*
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Classified Employees (PCCFCE). Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction. Probationary period will be in accordance with Article 13 of the Classified Agreement. Current Classified employees are encouraged to review Article 15 for salary placement guidelines.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
| Resume |
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency