Stockton University seeks applications for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor of Nursing with national certification as an Adult-Gerontology Primary Care, Adult, or Gerontological Nurse Practitioner, tenure track, beginning September 2017. Stockton’s Nursing Program has traditional and accelerated BSN programs, an online RN-BSN, and hybrid MSN and Post Master’s Certificate programs. At the Master’s level, students are prepared for the Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NP role. The Post-Master’s certificate programs prepares Family and Adult-Gerontology Primary Care NPs. The successful candidate will have evidence of being an excellent teacher and will be engaged in scholarly activity and professional service.
Stockton is a public liberal arts university located about one hour from Philadelphia, 2 hours from New York City, 3 hours from Washington, D.C. and 20 minutes from Atlantic City and the Atlantic City Airport. The region includes rural and small-city environments with a diverse ethnic population; Stockton is committed to increasing the diversity of the faculty and student body to reflect the diversity of the region. The area has some of the best beaches on the east coast of the United States. Stockton University has received national recognition for its distinctive academic programs and interdisciplinary approach to learning. The Stockton community combines a sense of tradition with a spirit of innovation to achieve academic excellence.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Offering courses, seminars and tutorials, and supervising independent studies in nursing and related areas
- Serving as preceptor to students
- Participating in scholarship and/or creative activities as appropriate to the discipline
- Providing service to the college, community, and profession
- Performing other duties as designated by the Program Coordinator, Dean, School of Health Sciences and/or the Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs.
- An earned professional or research doctorate or evidence of a plan for completion of the degree within three years.
- Eligibility to practice as an adult, gerontological, or adult-gerontology primary care NP in the State of New Jersey.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience practicing in the NP role.
Preferred qualifications: Experience teaching in a graduate nurse practitioner program.
Salary: Rank and salary will be commensurate with credentials and experience.
Screening begins December 1, 2016 and will continue until the position is filled.
To apply please visit: https://stockton.hiretouch.com Only electronic documents will be accepted. Please complete the on-line application in addition to providing the following required documents. All required documents must be submitted in order for your application to move forward. You may upload documents using; Word, PDF or Videos either as one single file or as individual attachments.
1.) A letter of interest describing specific skills and experiences
2.) A curriculum vitae
3.) Three letters of recommendation/reference
- All offers of employment are contingent upon a favorable background check.
- Individuals with disabilities desiring accommodations in the application process should contact: Sharon Hunt, Recruitment Manager at 609-652-4384.
- In accordance with the New Jersey First Act P.L. 2011 c.70, effective September 1, 2011, new public employees in certain positions are required to obtain New Jersey residency within one (1) year of employment. Applicants must meet the requirements listed.
- Prospective employees may access the Annual Security Report for the University at stockton.edu/campuspolice or contact the Campus Police department at 609-652-4378 to request a hard copy of the report.
- Stockton University is an equal opportunity institution encouraging a diverse pool of applicants, visit; http://www.stockton.edu/affirmative_action. Additionally, pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Stockton University prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.