Director of Educational Opportunity Program
San Jose State University
Job ID: 23924
Full/Part Time: Full time
Job Code: 3306, Range 1
Department: Educational Opportunity Program
About the Position
The Educational Opportunity Program (EOP) Director reports to the Associate Vice President of Transition and Retention Services. The Director of EOP provides the leadership for the continued development and implementation of the university's overall strategy for first generation, economically disadvantaged or educationally and economically disadvantages students who are accepted into the EOP. The Director coordinates with other success and support services charged with admitting, transitioning, retaining and supporting the academic success of students to strengthen and utilize SJSU's network of programs and services.
The Director will provide leadership to continue the redesign of a visible, accessible EOP program. He/she will be responsible for identifying research based strategies, ensuring a fully enrolled regular EOP and special admit program, developing and implementing Summer Transition Programs for First Year and Transfer EOP students, targeting and reaching out to potential EOP admits, publicizing the value and success of the program, and coordinating with community partners to facilitate the success of EOP students.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Directs, supervises, and evaluates all program services and activities that impact the retention and persistence of EOP students including EOP recruitment, admissions, transition services, advising, academic tutoring and student mentoring programs.
- Manages the academic and administrative support and student workers to ensure a well-functioning program with effective procedures.
- Develops, implements, monitors and communicates a strategic plan for improving retention and graduating rates of the EOP student cohort.
- Develops, implements, and assesses appropriate academic support programs to promote retention and graduation of EOP students, utilizing best practices.
- Collects and analyzes data to plan and write reports regarding deliverables and outcomes.
- In collaboration with the EOP staff, facilitates the application and selection process for the EOP as well as develop support programs for EOP students that lead to their success at the university.
- Oversees the development and implementation of services for EOP, to include, peer mentoring, peer tutoring, student success workshops, and events.
- Evaluate all EOP and related services and activities that impact EOP student success.
- Collaborates with constituents across campus and within the Division of Student Affairs.
- Consults with faculty and staff, providing expert knowledge and up-to-date data, with the goal of enhancing student success for EOP students.
- Develops and reports program budget in coordination with the Associate Vice President, Transition and Retention Services.
- Develops and coordinates EOP services and partnership involvement with culturally diverse community organizations that serve communities with high EOP eligible student and parent populations.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
To apply, visit: http://www.sjsu.edu/hr/careers/jobs/index.html
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency