Associate Dean of Strategy Initiatives and External Affairs
Hiring Range: $96,560 - $120,700
In this newly created role, reporting to the Dean of the Boston College School of Social Work (SSW), the Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives and External Affairs serves as a strategist and advocate for the SSW. S/he directs strategic initiatives at the SSW and creates synergies between the SSW programs and initiatives within and external to BC. Working closely with Assistant and Associate Deans, s/he provides strategic vision, leadership and direction to link with and respond to new opportunities for the SSW. Closely coupled with these
responsibilities is their role in shaping the communication of new initiatives to influence social work and social policy outcomes. S/he therefore oversees the School's marketing and communications activities and serves as the liaison of the Dean's Office to Development. Key responsibilities of this role include:
* Oversees benchmarking against other top 10 Schools and reports back to the Dean on areas in which BC SSW can focus in order to move ahead in rankings
* Leads the development of external strategies, plans, programs (including resource needs) that support the overall strategic goals of the School* Undertakes ad hoc and strategic projects related to rankings, reporting, accreditation
* Provide strategic counsel and support, as needed, for communications and outreach initiatives of the School including key departments
* Create synergies between the SSW programs and initiatives
* Provides counsel and support to manage emerging external issues
* Executing other ad hoc and strategic projects related to rankings, reporting, and accreditation
* Conducts research, and synthesizes and summarizes information to facilitate decision making and communication.
* Compose communications i.e., research and draft speeches, remarks, briefings, presentations and reports as needed for meetings with
senior administrators, deans, faculty and trustees.
* Initiate, plan, and manage special projects and special events
* As requested, manages special projects of a highly confidential and sensitive nature.
* Work collaboratively on and oversee large research initiatives that involve other BC Schools as well as involve other institutions
* Provide leadership in identifying, organizing, and implementing community and organizational partnerships for the School
* Provide leadership and supervision of the Schools planning and evaluation activities, including identification of external agencies that could benefit from evaluation services, a certificate program, or consultations
* Represent the school at external meetings, committees, and boards as needed to help the school advance its strategic initiatives
* Serves as the liaison of the dean's office to Development
* Accompanies the dean to fundraising meetings
* Serve as external liaison for the Boston College School of Social Work with colleges and universities around the country
* Responsible for all internal and external communications and serves as the primary liaison with the BC Office University Communications
* Responsible for the development and successful implementation of an innovative and impactful marketing and communications plan that enhances the school's brand and image with internal and external, both local and nationwide, constituencies
The Associate Dean of Strategic Initiatives and External Relations supervises:
* Assistant Director, Strategy and External Relations
* Director of Marketing and Communications
Occasional weekend and evening work required.
Occasional travel required.
Please include a cover letter with your application.