| Location: Newport, RI Category: Education Posted On: Tue Nov 22 2016 Job Description: |
Support the library functions of acquisitions and cataloging of library materials in all formats to make them accessible to the library community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Use OCLC for acquisitions, copy cataloging, and database maintenance of library materials.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Order and receive new materials
- Copy catalog new material and gift items
- Help supervise work study students in the data processing of library materials.
- Maintenance of library materials
- Other collection services tasks as needed
- Sort and distribute incoming mail
- Compile and analyze statistics as needed and create monthly reports
- Work as a member of other library teams to improve user service and facilitate communication
- The incumbent may be required to load and unload library materials on book carts, place library materials onto shelves, pack or unpack materials from boxes.
Bachelor's degree and previous library experience with automated systems required.
Some coursework in library science preferred.
Cataloging function will require training in MARC21, AACR2, RDA, Metadata standards, and Library of Congress classification
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail required.
Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong commitment to public service, and ability to work with diverse users and staff required.
Must be able to lift and carry at least thirty (30) pounds.