This role support SIMS and Classroom Committee. Focuses on the aspects of data support, data verification, and linkage/maintenance of AutoCAD documentation.
System Functionality & Upgrades
- User access & security permissions.
- Survey distribution and maintenance.
- User training & support for completion of survey information.
- Weekly uploads of HRIS information.
- Incorporation of periodic software upgrades.
- Web development and on-going modification and maintenance of FM:Interact
- Instruction and support for FM:Interact (user questions and needs).
- Maintenance of "transactional" system.
Space Data Support & Data Verification
- Support to answer questions about fields and information in the database.
- Correction/reconciliation of information reported via the survey.
- Verification of departmental assignments, room sizes, and room types.
- Issues related to HRIS information as uploaded into SIMS.
- Assignment of room numbers.
- Generation of standard reports.
- Generation of user specific reports.
- Generation of special reports (for example, space information for the NSF Survey).
- Linkage of AutoCAD plans to alphanumeric database, and resolution of differences between
- past alphanumeric information and information generated from AutoCAD plans.
- On-going development, correction, refinement, and revision of AutoCAD plans, including incorporation of renovations, etc., as these impact the plans.
- AutoCAD standard conversion for new construction projects.
- Further development of Northwestern's CAD standards.
- Support Classroom Committee through data analysis.
- Utilize R25 / X25 to generate reports for departmental use and Classroom Committee use.
- Provide computer generated rendering in support of planning projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in Architecture (B.Arch preferred), Engineering, Interior Design, Computer Sciences, or a Bachelors Degree with experience in a related field.
- Experience with and ability to use AutoCAD and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret architectural, structural, and mechanical drawings, and site surveys.
- Problem solving and analytical skills related to space information and drawings, including the ability to construct accurate and well thought out reports and spreadsheets.
- Experience with and ability to use software programs to develop architectural 3D renderings.
- Three years of AutoCAD experience in a production environment.
- Three years of Microsoft Office in a work environment.
- Architectural understanding of how structural and mechanical systems are integrated into buildings.
- Experience with field measuring and verification for the production of architectural plans ofexisting buildings.
- Experience with and ability to use R25 / X25.
- Experience with space utilization analyses.
- Crystal Reports 10+
- Microsoft SQL 2000+
- Macromedia Dreamweaver, html, Java, etc.
- AutoCAD 30 Studio Max.
- CAD/GIS software.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.