The Director of Administration and Operations is the chief manager of administrative activities in the Graduate School. A member of the senior leadership team, the Director leads administrative activities, oversees day-to-day operations, and puts procedures in place to increase and maintain organizational effectiveness in the Graduate School. The Director of Administration and Operations leads the admissions team operations, working closely with the academic deans to support admissions goals in a time of growth in graduate education. Coordinating with one or more Associate Deans in the Graduate School, the Director thus oversees all admissions and enrollment processes. The Director serves as the primary source of information for programs and partners on policy and procedures in the Graduate School and ensures that the Graduate Schoolâ??s administrative procedures are in line with its core mission and university policies. In this work, the Director coordinates with a number of other offices, including the Registrar, Bursar, Financial Aid, Office of International Programs, Office International Student and Scholar Support Services, Insurance Office, University Library, and Computer Information Services, to ensure the successful integration of Graduate School processes with other processes at the University. The Director serves as the central manager of the Graduate School staff operations, working closely with all staff to ensure that services, policies, practices, and systems are robust, user friendly, and meet the needs of the Graduate School and its partners. The Director is the first point of contact and central authority for student records, student information systems, data management, and data reporting processes in the Graduate School, and serves as the manager for Computer Information Services liaisons embedded in the Graduate School. The Director also serves in the Graduate School as the human resources coordinator, manages space and facilities, and works in collaboration with other University Offices on crisis and emergency response coordination.
- Is the functional lead of graduate school systems and policies and is responsible for the direction, development, and integration of admissions, enrollment, and appointment processes for the Graduate School, ensuring that systems and policy requirements are met. â??
- Is the functional lead of staff operations and is responsible for identifying opportunities for improvements in processes across the Graduate School, taking a leadership role in the team to create an environment that fosters and implements prescribed methods and processes. â??
- Directs the administrative processing and record-keeping operations of the Graduate School. â??
- The Director oversees human resources functions, including facilitating recruitment, performance management, including annual performance evaluations, staff relations, staff workflow and coverage, and staff training, cross-training, and development. â??
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree with a minimum of 7 years of progressively responsible management and supervisory experience, a substantial portion of which has been in academia or an academic organization.
- Minimum of 5 years of related management and supervisory experience
- Experience in academia or an academic organization.
- Knowledge of the academic environment and value of the roles of faculty, deans, staff, and students.
- Extensive experience in administration, financial analysis and reporting, strategic planning, organizational design and general management.
- Experience with the following Brown systems a plus: Banner, Workday, CollegeNET, SOPHAS, Google Education Applications.
- Demonstrated experience and success working in a diverse environment with a clear understanding of the issues of diversity in both student and workplace settings required.
Background check - Criminal/Educational
Recruiting Start Date:2016-11-16-08:00
Job Posting Title:Director of Administration and Operations
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.