| USER EXPERIENCE DESIGNER IN RESIDENCE AT THE FOUNDRY @ CORNELL TECHJoin The Foundry @ Cornell Tech Cornell Tech is a revolutionary model for graduate education that combines technology with business and creative thinking, bringing together like-minded faculty, business leaders, tech entrepreneurs and students in a catalytic environment to produce visionary ideas grounded in significant needs that will reinvent the way we live.|
The Foundry @ Cornell Tech is an in-house team of experienced designers, product managers and software engineers who collaborate with faculty to design, create and build usable tools, platforms and products. Our mission is to release open source software for developers and researchers, to ship products based on cutting-edge research, and help spin startups out of the Cornell Tech environment.
As a team member of the Foundry, your responsibilities include
- working with faculty to explore and implement the productization of their research
- working with Master students to explore and implement the productization of their ideas
- creating an IT infrastructure for the development of innovation inside an academic setting
- representing Cornell Tech at conferences, hackathons and on our blogs
- pursuing your own self-initiated projects and collaborations
The Foundry is seeking candidates
- with proven experience in design and product development, either inside a company or as part of open source projects
- with excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for « people who can take a blank sheet of paper and turn it into a functioning product, under their own direction. »
Multiple positions are available; 1-2 year terms with potential for renewal; flexible part-time and full-time available.
The Foundry is seeking candidates with:
- a Bachelor's and at least 2 years of working experience or the equivalent combination of both education and relevant work experience;
- proven experience in design and product development, either inside a company or as part of open source projects and
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BFA or MFA
- developing native mobile applications (iOS and/or Android)
- developing web applications
- with infographics and data visualization
- with modern user experience, including Photoshop suite
No relocation assistance is provided for this position. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
University Job Title:Prog Analyst III
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Connie Park
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Background check may be required.2015-05-14-07:00