The Museum Security Manager oversees the safety and security of the building, artworks, staff, and visitors. Recruits, hires, trains and supervises part-time security officer force. Provides oversight and maintenance of all museum security systems, including contract guards, burglar and fire alarms, surveillance systems, access controls, and building maintenance as it relates to security. The position will also liaise and build communication with Campus Safety. The position is responsible for emergency preparedness and disaster recovery procedures and will ensure that all security and life safety systems are up to the highest industry standards. The position will also supervise the maintenance and operation of the physical plant of the Museum and organize, direct, and coordinate the overall building maintenance programs for the Museum and its offsite locations. Plan, direct and administer the security operations of the museum.
Please review complete job description.
- Associate's Degree (Criminal Justice, Administration, and/or Emergency Management) and/or an accredited Law Enforcement or Professional Security Officer Certification, combined with experience or a combination of experience and education that demonstrates possession of the necessary knowledge and abilities for this position is required. Bachelor's Degree (Criminal Justice, Administration, and/or Emergency Management) preferred
- Minimum 7 years security-related experience, preferably in a museum environment
- 5 years of experience in supervisory capacity managing numerous direct deports including full-time, part-time and/or student workers preferred
- Experience working with security and access control systems and applications, alarm systems, security surveillance systems and life safety procedures
- Familiarity with security technologies (Card access, surveillance cameras, intrusion alarms, fire alarms & environmental monitoring)
- Certified New York State Security Instructor
- Certified Institutional Protection Instructor (FC)
- Certified Institutional Security Supervisor (FC)
- Certified Institutional Security Manager (FC)
- Certified Institutional Protection Specialist (FC)
- First Aid & CPR Instructor
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The selected candidate will possess a high work ethic and a proven ability to collaborate with teams to implement a strategic vision. Strong communication, problem solving, time management and customer service skills. Working knowledge of MS office, Outlook, Google applications, Incident documentation Software and database administration. Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three profession references via https://apply.interfolio.com/39408. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.