Essential Duties :
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Search will be open until filled. First consideration will be given to applications received by November 25, 2016. Second consideration may be given to applications received by December 16, 2016. Applications received subsequent to the second consideration date (December 16, 2016) may not be given full consideration.
Create, edit and maintain university website content and other electronic communications. In conjunction with the Web Communications team, execute a variety of original digital projects compliant with University brand standards and information technology practices. Manage and prioritize requests. Ensure quality and integrity of information released to external and internal audiences in accordance with established University policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the leadership of the Marketing and Communications staff, collaborate with University Departments and Units in the areas of digital content development and maintenance, including: writing for the web, image editing, and multimedia.
Create an environment for rich user experiences through compelling content-rich digital landscapes with a focus on usability and accessibility.
Build navigable and intuitive information architectures; implement website structure and nomenclature to create the most impactful presentation of content.
Provide content leadership on interactive projects: from initial concepts to wireframes, briefs, content decks, editorial calendars, style guides, and ongoing content curation.
Adhere to technical, branding, and style standards established by the Communications & Marketing and Information Technology Services Departments; then leverage these standards to advance the University's mission.
Provide editorial standards guidance to University web publishers.
Design workflows for publication and content lifecycle processes that include: content acquisition; content creation; review and approval cycles; localization models; content publishing; content analysis and content optimization and/or content archival.
Define and help Colleges and Departments establish content governance models from stakeholder interviews.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with other Units in the University on the creation and maintenance of web content for promotion, recruitment, retention, alumni outreach, fundraising, and general image-building purposes, as well as day-to-day operations of the University.
Maintain a high level of understanding of current developments in the assigned areas of responsibility, and anticipate future needs.
Perform other duties as required.
LICENSES, TOOLS, AND EQUIPMENT:
Personal computers (Macintosh experience preferred), and software, including: word processing, web development, photo/video editing, content management systems, and others as needed.
ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. A minimum of two years' experience in professional editing.
3. Demonstrated experience in Web writing and interactive content development.
4. Demonstrated experience with HTML5 and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG).
5. Demonstrated knowledge of mobile-first and responsive design principles.
6. Demonstrated experience in information architecture and user experience.
7. Demonstrated proficiency in written communications skills.
8. Demonstrated strong oral and interpersonal communication skills.
9. Demonstrated experience with social media and web publishing platforms.
10. Demonstrated ability to work independently.
11. Demonstrated ability to work with diverse groups/populations.
1. Demonstrated knowledge of industry developments, trends, and practices.
3. Demonstrated professional expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and/or similar applications, including, but not limited to: Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and/or Contribute.
4. Demonstrated experience in training.
5. Demonstrated experience in customer service (preferably in higher education).
6. Demonstrated experience in evaluating products.
7. Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting reports.
8. Demonstrated experience in multimedia creation, including online video/audio.
9. Demonstrated visual design experience.
10. Demonstrated experience using and/or developing WordPress.
Status : Calendar Year, Full-time, Permanent
Union: PSA/NEA - Professional Staff Assoc
Pay Grade Level: 11
Pay Rate Detail: $55,483 - $69,451
Campus Location: Kingston
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Please attach 2 (PDF) documents to your online Employment Application:
(#1) Cover letter.
(#2) Resume, which is to include the names and contact information of three professional references.
The University of Rhode Island is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons of color, protected veterans, individuals with disabilities, and other protected group members are encouraged to apply.