Job Description: This position provides leadership, vision, and management of undergraduate and graduate programs in the School of Engineering, along with the complementary activities of career services and program-related alumni relations. The incumbent serves a critical role in the development, marketing and implementation of new masterâ??s programs, working closely with faculty to streamline and integrate advising across the School in service to prospective and current students. This position works to create a sense of community among students by playing a key role in relationship building with, and guidance of, numerous student organizations within the School. The incumbent works closely with the Deans, relevant committee chairs, faculty and students to increase the impact of the student affairs unit toward achieving the high-level growth goals of the School.
Provides the management and development of graduate student affairs; management and development of undergraduate student affairs; manage the masterâ??s program growth initiative. Management of ABET activities, student databases, program scheduling; and management of career development initiatives.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 3 to 5 yearsâ?? experience at the management level, or the equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage a team, develop and hold employees accountable, work towards common goals
- Experience in managing large data projects
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing student and other academic programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work across an organization with various offices and constituencies
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and revise processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Project management skills
- Student advising experience at both undergraduate and graduate levels
- Experience working with faculty and committees
- Strong planning, organizational and time management skills with demonstrated ability to independently manage multiple tasks, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups of people with tact and diplomacy.
Background Check: Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2016-11-01-07:00
Job Posting Title:Manager of Academic Programs and Student Affairs
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.