| Location: Unity, ME Category: Administrative Posted On: Thu Nov 10 2016 Job Description: |
The CDIO leads efforts to establish Unity College as an internationally diverse and inclusive leader among environmental institutions of higher education and to maintain a constructive and inclusive institutional culture and community at Unity College. The CDIO collaborates with senior leadership to establish strategic direction and leads execution of diversity, inclusivity, and culture and community initiatives at Unity College; international partnerships and programs; as well as select special project opportunities. The CIDO works with the President and senior leadership to continue to transform Unity College from a college with a strong regional presence to a leading national institutional of higher education. The successful CDIO will provide the college with grounded creativity through proven strategy, data-based decision-making, and industry-disrupting invention. Within the framework of functional leadership, the CDIO supports and is supported by other senior level leaders and works with all constituencies to realize the Unity College Mission and Strategic Plan.
Specific duties include:
- Leads campus culture, diversity, inclusivity, employee trainings, international partnerships, and select special projects at Unity College and ensures achievement of institutionally established goals for each.
- Advocates for institutional diversity, inclusion, and positive culture and community.
- Advises, supports and implements the vision of the President's Office on all areas of diversity.
- Establishes an emotional connection for employees, execs, and the organization as a whole.
- Works with senior leadership to identify internal culture and community building opportunities and executes development of new initiatives as assigned by the President.
The successful candidate will have a Master's Degree in a related discipline. Doctorate or equivalent preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in one or more of the key areas of diversity, inclusion, culture and community, and international partnerships and programs.
Successful experience preparing and executing plans related to diversity, inclusion, culture and community, and international partnerships and programs.
Experience setting and meeting planning targets as well as project and budget management experience.
Ability to use data and analytics to inform strategy.
Record of Leadership and service that demonstrates integrity and accountability.
Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Collaborative yet decisive administrative style that encourages informed risk and creative thinking.