About Virginia Tech:
Virginia Tech is a public land-grant university, committed to teaching and learning, research, and outreach to the Commonwealth of Virginia, the nation, and the world. Building on its motto of Ut Prosim (that I may serve), Virginia Tech is dedicated to InclusiveVT—serving in the spirit of community, diversity, and excellence. We seek candidates who adopt and practice the Principles of Community, which are fundamental to our on-going efforts to increase access and inclusion, and to create a community that nurtures learning and growth for all of its members. Virginia Tech actively seeks a broad spectrum of candidates to join our community in preparing leaders for the world.
Reporting to the Supervisor for Facilities Enterprise Systems, the Project Analyst, Junior is responsible for the following:
- Supporting and implementing new functionality of Facilities Enterprise System.
- Scheduling meetings to define business requirements from stakeholders.
- Writing and maintaining system documentation, process flow analysis and descriptions.
- Facilitating standing or ad hoc teams assigned to implement new modules, determining effectiveness of current modules, and testing implementation of systems upgrades or other enhancements.
- Monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness while assuring policies and procedures are interpreted to facilitate optimum service delivery and program.
- For ensuring compliance with all relevant Federal, State, and University policies and procedures.
- Experience with enterprise systems in a higher educational environment.
- Experience with process mapping and data conversions.
- Considerable work related experience providing daily technical support for end users.
- Proficiency with operating systems such as Windows and Apple, IPad, Android, and Windows tablet deployment.
- Experience with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with relational databases, reporting, and business intelligence tools.
- Must have effective problem solving organizational, communication
and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, accounting, business education
or equivalent related experience in training professionals.
- Experience with Ellucian Student Management Banner HR.
- Experience with AssetWorks AiM: Intelligent Workplace Management.
- Experience in the trades industry working with enterprise wide management systems.
- ITIL Foundation Certification.
Employee Category: Staff (Salary)
Appointment Type: Regular
Percent Employment: Full-time
Virginia Tech does not discriminate against employees, students, or applicants on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status; or otherwise discriminate against employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees, or applicants; or any other basis protected by law.
For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the executive director for Equity and Access at 540-231-2010 or Virginia Tech, North End Center, Suite 2300 (0318), 300 Turner St. NW, Blacksburg, VA 24061.
Review Date: 11/18/2016