Human Resources Office Assistant II - Professional and Organizational Development
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 08882
Location: Sylvania Campus
Address: 12000 SW 49th Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday
Position Status: Confidential; Level B; Full-time; Non-exempt
Starting Salary Range: $34,932 to $50,651 per year; Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
Job Close Date: Nobember 14, 2016
| The Professional and Organizational Development Office challenges and enables every employee to take charge of his or her future and thereby, increase the ability of the College to meet the challenges of the future. |
We support the PCC's Professional and Organizational Development Mission by:
- Advocating, promoting, communicating, and coordinating college wide Professional and Organizational Development opportunities,
- Funding specific strategic Professional and Organizational Development initiatives and programs
- Providing opportunity for professional and career growth to employees
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
14.67 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
| TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES |
- Performs various routine clerical duties, utilizing standard office equipment, to include: screening incoming calls; taking and transmitting messages; maintaining calendars; scheduling meetings; keyboarding information into databases; making photocopies; performing data entry; faxing documents; typing; and word processing.
- Processes, receives, sorts, and distributes a variety of correspondence, deliveries, and mail.
- Responds to requests for information from Faculty and Staff as well as the general public, students, administrators, and/or other interested parties; answers routine questions about programs in area of assignment.
- Utilizes appropriate databases to enter and retrieve information, including running reports.
- Maintains appropriate files, including filing documents alphabetically, numerically, or by other prescribed methods.
- Prepares, reviews, and/or processes a variety of routine correspondence, reports, logs, information, paperwork, invoices, forms, agreements, flyers, brochures, invitations, and/or other related information in assigned area of responsibility; keys information into applicable spreadsheets and/or databases.
- May track recruitments and job postings and conduct employment verifications.
- May coordinate and organize meetings, and support other department activities and functions. Schedules or obtains use of rooms and sets up rooms and equipment for use.
- Receives records and/or tracks incoming payments receipts and makes proper distribution of records and funds. Researches and resolves discrepancies and makes proper accounting distribution.
- Monitors and restocks office supplies and materials.
- Positions in this classification may perform all or some of the responsibilities above and all positions perform other related duties as assigned.
| Minimum Qualifications |
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Three years of experience in an office and/or customer service-oriented environment.
Important Knowledge and Skills
Customer service principles;
Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment;
Basic filing and recordkeeping principles.
Providing customer service;
Using modern office equipment;
Working with diverse academic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff;
Utilizing computer technology used for communication, data gathering and reporting;
Communicating effectively through oral and written mediums.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
Work is generally performed in an office environment, with frequent interruptions and irregularities in the work schedule. Frequent reaching, walking, standing, lifting, stooping, or carrying of equipment.
Note to Applicants
In the online application's Education/Employment History sections, include jobs, duties, and dates that support all of the following qualifications. The information on the resume/cover letter will not substitute for the completed application.
| Preferred Qualifications: |
Strong Excel skills
Experience using Banner or similar database
Experience tracking budgets
Experience processing travel authorizations
Experience planning events
Able to multi-task
Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
Additional Posting Information:
| Additional Posting Information: |
To apply for this position you must submit:
1. Completed responses to the Required Questions from the Committee - scroll down to see "Required Questions" below - (Attach document)*
2. Completed online application
3. Cover Letter (attach document)*
4. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
- Normally the starting salary for new employees will be at the entry salary for that level, unless approved for advanced salary placement.
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- Effective January 1, 2014, all applicants hired by the college will be required to reimburse PCC for the cost of their criminal background check, through payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: jobs.pcc.edu
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.