| Location: Alfred, NY Category: Professional Posted On: Tue Nov 8 2016 Job Description: |
The successful candidate will be service focused and possess excellent customer service skills. S/he must provide exceptional end-user support for Technology Services which include hardware/software troubleshooting, network access, e-mail systems, and supported software applications. Must have the ability to independently analyze a situation and be able to provide assistance. The Client Support Technician will provide technical support that ensures all end user systems are functioning on a daily basis. Provide high-quality customer service including effectively listening and asking questions to ensure understanding of the end-user's inquiry; keep current with web browsers, operating systems and applications used on campus; work on cross-functional IT projects; participate in testing system upgrades and new applications; supervise student assistants. Must be available to work a schedule that may include some evening, holiday and weekend hours when the University is in session.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Technician will administer, develop, setup, configure, troubleshoot, properly recycle and maintain client desktops and laptops for the college.
- The Technician is responsible for software installation and upgrades, software troubleshooting, image creation and deployment, and patch maintenance.
- Maintain and develop documentation for the Technology Services department relative to hardware and software in the assigned client areas.
- Will work with clients, coworkers and manager to analyze both hardware and software needs and assist in developing plans to satisfy those needs and will make hardware and software acquisition recommendations based on client needs.
- Assists clients in the use of computer hardware, software and peripherals and provide instruction or written documentation where required.
- Provide support for printer and copier related issues.
- Keep current with technology developments by researching and testing new hardware and software.
- Assist in the development of short and long-range departmental goals and objectives.
- Attend regular Client Services meetings.
- Review, input, and update work orders from the centralized work order system as well as actively contributing to the central knowledge base within the work order system.
- Supervise assigned student workers and assist them in completing department goals and objectives.
- Broad knowledge of troubleshooting procedures and good analytic skills.
- Proficient in all skills, policies, procedures and protocol required to complete assigned tasks.
- Keep abreast of industry technologies to enhance technical skills. Provide feedback and make recommendations for implementation of those that can be effectively applied.
- Maintain a professional attitude and provide excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other technicians when needed.
- May be required to work on the Wellsville campus, requiring the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Understand and adhere to FERPA regulations.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented and organized.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to internal and external groups of various levels of responsibility.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive and effective working relationships with a wide range of employees, managers, vendors and professional organizations.
- Extensively work with all facets of Technology Services
Minimum Associate's degree in Computer Technology, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Windows 7/8.1/10
- Microsoft Office 2013
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting techniques
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Canon/HP Printers and Print server
- Microsoft Outlook using Exchange
- Mac management experience preferred
- SCCM 2012 or higher experience preferred