| || |
A completed application is required in order to be considered for this position.
| || |
| || |
San Diego State University is the oldest and largest higher education institution in the San Diego region. Since its founding in 1897, SDSU has grown to offer bachelor's degrees in 91 areas, master's degrees in 78 areas and doctorates in 22 areas. SDSU's approximately 35,000 students participate in an academic curriculum distinguished by direct contact with faculty and an increasing international emphasis that prepares them for a global future.
SDSU is a large, diverse, urban university and Hispanic-Serving Institution with a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusive excellence. Our campus community is diverse in many ways, including in terms of race, religion, color, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, pregnancy, medical condition, and covered veteran status. We strive to build and sustain a welcoming environment for all.
SDSU is seeking applicants with demonstrated experience and/or commitment to teaching and working effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and members of underrepresented groups.
| || |
| || |
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range: $3,115 - $3,600 per month (CSU Classification Salary Range: $3,115 - $5,060 per month). The competitive salary is determined by the education, experience, and qualifications the candidate brings to the position, internal equity, and the hiring department's fiscal resources.
| || |
| || |
Serve as the main information source regarding the School’s operating budget accounts, oversee and monitor all operational income and expenses, assist the Director with strategic planning for financial resources, and alerting the Director and appropriate unit supervisors to potential problems before they arise. Make recommendations to the Director regarding periodic adjustments to operating budget and the allocation of funds, as needed. Independently makes decisions regarding day-to-day operations.
Advise the Director in the development of the TTF’s annual operating budget, ensuring that an adequate budget preparation schedule is established and maintained. Provide regular, accurate, timely computerized reports on the status of the School’s operating budgets to the Director, unit managers, and other designated TTF faculty, staff, and students on a regular basis.
Coordinate and maintain a centralized, computerized accounting / purchasing system for all TTF operational budget activities including: annual income and expenses, academic supplies and services, equipment purchases, and internal School budgets (per shop or academic unit).
- Reconcile General Fund, Course Fee, IRA, Student Success Fees, Open University, Foundation, and Summer operational budget accounts
- Process records of all TTF operational budget transactions including daily completion of forms and posting of General Fund and Foundation purchase orders and check requests
- Purchasing and Receiving Agent for the School: Responsible for procurement of supplies, services, and equipment in support of the School and its instructional programs.
- Establish and maintain vendor relations; provide best cost vendor resources to faculty, university, and foundation buyers for best source of purchase.
- Problem solve any purchases, invoices, or equipment not received or damaged.
- Monitor the School’s operational income and expenses for compliance with University and CSU policies and procedures. Approve all credit card charges for the School and designate correct fund allocations.
- Coordinate the School’s payroll budget for student assistants and work study students. Provide monthly reports and monitor expenses and limits per student. Approve employment and authorization forms.
- Process travel requests and expense claim forms, apprising faculty of appropriate guidelines and status of monies available
- Oversee daily deposits of Box Office ticket income (deposits are supplied by the Manager of the Performing Arts Box Office)
- Provide oversight for student Box Office staff, especially regarding the handling of School funds
- Coordinate and maintain operational budget activities for all TTF unit budget supervisors.
- Establish annual operating budget priorities, procedures, and deadlines and communicate to unit supervisors.
- Ensure that each unit supervisor reports all expenses and financial transactions in her or his area in a timely and accurate manner, following SDSU and TTF administrative protocols for doing so.
- Attend periodic scheduled meetings of the TTF unit managers and prepare budget materials as requested by the Director.
- Attend periodic University training sessions and labs
- Maintain up-to-date records of the TTF’s operating budget, both electronically and in hard copy format, as appropriate.
- Coordinate rental of TTF facilities.
- Facilitate the processing of the Theatre program’s performance rights in a timely manner; all plays and musicals are performed under copyright (royalties)
- Train designated faculty/staff in utilizing the computerized accounting system to allow for access to information in the absence of the Fiscal Accounts Coordinator
- Assess methods to streamline and simplify TTF financial operations and practices, as necessary
- Other duties as assigned