OFFICIAL TITLE: Staff Associate - Assessment Coordinator/Acadmic Advisor
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant Dean of Academic Services
SUPERVISION EXERCISED: May supervise part-time non-benefited and student employees
General Statement of Duties: The Assessment Coordinator/Academic Advisor is responsible for managing all testing services in the Academic Success Center. This position also serves as an Academic Advisor to a designated student population.
(E) = Essential
- (E) Manages all testing services in the Academic Success Center. This includes CLEP and Accuplacer testing and any other testing offered in the ASC.
- (E) Hires, trains and supervises testing proctors hired by the Academic Success Center.
- (E) Consults with the Assistant Dean on the budget related to testing services.
- (E) Assists the Assistant Dean in developing online scheduling and electronic media for the Academic Success Center.
- (E) Collaborates with the Director of Advising on student needs, calendar for the office, and large scale programming related to testing.
- (E) Maintains all records, assessment and data in relation to testing services/results, office usage, incoming students, tutoring services, exit interviews, and drop-in advising.
- (E) Maintains email accounts and web material related to testing services.
- (E) Develops and implements training for Academic Advisors related to testing services.
- (E) Advises undeclared and Dismissal Appeal student population.
- (E) Provides assistance with coordinating and implementing orientation programs for new students, parents, and faculty.
- (E) Serves as a walk-in advisor to undergraduate students across all disciplines to answer general questions related to program and University requirements.
- (E) Counsels students considering withdrawals or leaves of absence and assist them in filling out any necessary paperwork.
- (E) Assists with the development and implementation of advising materials, student workshops, and faculty/advisor programs.
- Assists in supervising student staff in the Academic Success Center.
- (E) Prepares internal and external proposals and reports as needed.
- (E) Maintains working knowledge of computer systems (Word, Excel, Access, FrontPage, Colleague, etc.).
- Responsible for contributing to the WSU Strategic Plan.
- Responsible for contributing to Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in appropriate field.
- Three to five years related work experience including direct experience with Accuplacer and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) administration and coordination.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with students, families, faculty, staff, and administration.
- Ability to work collegially with all offices across campus.
- Appreciation for the value of a liberal education, an understanding of faculty roles and culture, and the ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team oriented environment.
- Experience working in a higher education setting.
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.
The Proposed Salary Range for this exempt, professional, APA position is: $45,000 - $48,000, based on relevant experience.
Shift: Monday through Friday