|Req #: ||138528 |
|Department: ||UWMC ROOSEVELT OR |
|Job Location: || UW Medical Center |
|Posting Date: ||11/03/2016 |
|Closing Info: || Open Until Filled |
|Salary: ||$2,617.00 to $3,381.00 per month |
|Union Position: ||Yes |
| || This classification is governed by a negotiated labor contract and is subject to union shop provisions. For more information about union shop provisions, visit Union Information |
|Shift: ||1st Shift (Days) |
|Notes: || If hired as a PSS 2 (depending on qualifications), salary range is $2,739.00 to $3,635.00 per month. |
The expected duration of this appointment is six months, through approximately April 2017.
| Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States, and ranked as the number 1 hospital in Washington State, as rated by U.S. News & World Report 2016-2017 "America's Best Hospitals", UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW's School of Medicine. |
The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation's premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service. Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty. As an employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs. For a complete description of our benefits for this position, please view this page.
UWMC Roosevelt Operating Rooms POST ANESTHESIA CARE has an outstanding opportunity for a FULL-TIME FIXED-DURATION PATIENT SERVICES SPECIALIST 1-TRAINEE OR PSS 2 (Day shifts, six-month appointment). The Patient Services Specialist (PSS) will coordinate and provide patient support services such as scheduling appointments, answering telephones, receiving patients, registering patients, and processing patient charge documents in the Ambulatory Surgery Center at Roosevelt, Pavilion Surgery Center, PACU, Pre-Anesthesia Clinic, and the Operating Room.
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Register patients; collect and/or update demographic and financial information.
- Respond to patient questions; provide directions to specific areas such as various labs, parking and eating facilities; assist patients in accessing hospital and community services by consulting and making referrals to appropriate resources.
- Make telephone assessment of patient problem and severity of condition.
- Schedule new, return, ancillary, and procedure appointments consistent with patient needs and scheduling guidelines.
- Triage patient telephone calls to medical staff; obtain necessary information for the return call; initiate emergency procedure when necessary.
- Communicate information to patients, referral agencies, departments, physicians, and the community such as financial arrangements, hospital charge estimates, insurance coverage, and billing procedures.
- Initiate and maintain the organization of the patient chart; coordinate patient records, referrals, special forms, and charge documents to facilitate patient check-in and check-out.
- Process and reconcile patient charge documents; investigate and correct rejected charges.
- Obtain interpreters for patients as needed.
- Arrange for patient transportation to outside facilities; coordinate patient transportation within facility.
- Transcribe, verify, and follow up on written physician orders; process patient care orders such as completed requisition for exams or equipment.
- Perform general clerical duties such as answering and screening telephone calls, processing mail, assembling and sending information to patients, and inventorying, ordering, and stocking supplies.
- Secure and release patient valuables and belongings.
- May coordinate death procedures, including disposition; complete appropriate documentation.
- May instruct patients on changing into OR attire.
- May be utilized for turnover of patient care area.
- Perform other related duties as required.