Reporting to the Director of Technical Support Services, the Manager of Audio Visual Engineering will be responsible for providing Audio Visual leadership in the design of new and conceptualized mediated spaces, including the provision of day-to-day technical support, maintenance, and up-keep of projection, computer, network, and related equipment housed in new and existing mediated spaces. The incumbent will be actively involved in the planning process, and be principally responsible for recommending and effectuating policies on a campus-wide basis, related to AV design of new and conceptualized mediated spaces. The Manager of Audio Visual Engineering will perform Crestron programming for mediated spaces including new or those being modified. In addition, s/he will provide delegation of duties and supervision to other AV Services staff, part-time staff and student employees.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Delegate and supervise work assigned to AV Services staff including but not limited to AV projects, special events and daily tasks.
• Formulate and effectuate policies to promote strategic and cost-effective delivery of AV services, including programming, services, options and solutions.
• Develop and implement an audio visual control solutions for complex audio video collaboration systems.
• Program, configure troubleshoot and update software to optimize system performance, in addition to ease of access for non-technical users.
• Analyze and ensure security and integrity of all systems and data.
• Analyze, test, and implement of system and software, ensuring operating system compatibility
• Perform programming tasks in a timely and quality conscious manner.
• Coordinate with audio visual engineers and customers to develop touch panel designs.
• Trouble-shoot complex audio, video, switching and control systems problems as required.
• Routinely maintain and install Crestron control panels, switchers, and related equipment used in the campus’ mediated spaces.
• Work closely with Crestron vendor and IT staff to ensure that all systems function directly with our Crestron Fusion RV application.
• Ensure that all AV staff have the ability to remote into the system with Crestron Fusion RV.
• Maintain database on Crestron Fusion RV servers to ensure that the development and production servers are patched and up to date.
• Ensure that all inventory is loaded into Crestron Fusion RV and our incident management system.
• Provide metrics of campus utilization in the mediated classrooms in order to provide informed decisions.
• Work closely with Associate Director of IT Support Services to ensure that all Service Desk staff is trained on first tier immediate tech support.
• Work with Networking to ensure that all wired Crestron devices are online and accounted for.
• Work alongside Facilities and AV implementers to ensure that the AV technology meets campus standards for mediated spaces.
• Provide insight on AV drawings based on user requirements.
• Proactively meet with the end-users to confirm requirements on mediated spaces.
• Program and configure Extron control panels and Touch-Link control panels for use in mediated spaces and screening facilities.
• Track all incidents and problems in our incident management system to ensure that they are resolved based on our SLAs.
• Conduct quarterly meetings on Crestron Fusion RV to ensure that we are maximizing its utilization across campus.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.