Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is responsible for implementation of the University's Wireless Network infrastructure. He/she works with the Senior Wireless Network Engineer and is responsible for Wireless Network IP Services within the University including wireless controllers, access points, surveys, and associated equipment. This position will also help the Sr. Network Engineer with various tasks including routing, switching, firewalls, DNS/DHCP, load balancing, remote access, and wireless.
This is a hands-on position for making large and small infrastructure changes in the above mentioned areas. He/she will assist other functional groups in troubleshooting and deploying the infrastructure and will also collaborate with the other IT units to ensure proper design and implementation.
The Wireless Network Engineer will recommend hardware and software to meet the organization's IT needs, as well as manage the roll-out of new equipment and systems as needed, and ensure that corrective and preventative measures are performed on legacy infrastructure.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science and CCNA certification required with CCNA-Wireless preferred.
- The position requires a minimum of three years of hands-on experience performing operational, implementation, and engineering functions for a complex enterprise wireless network.
- Strong understanding of available network operating systems, network equipment and networking protocols is essential. Ability to create and implement wireless network designs.
- Strong knowledge and ability to support, implement, and manage Cisco platform for Routing (EIGRP, BGP, and static routing).
- Strong knowledge and ability to support, implement, and manage Cisco platform for Switching.
- Strong knowledge and ability to support, implement, and manage Cisco ACE (Application Control Engine)/Load Balancer.
- Strong knowledge and ability to support, implement, and manage Cisco Wireless Infrastructure.
- Strong troubleshooting methodologies.
Licenses and Certificates:
General Office Environment
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Certifications must be presented and will be verified.