At Boston Children's Hospital, success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It's in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced. In major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As a teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Integrated Care Program and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Project Coordinator I position will be responsible for:
- Implementing the goals of the project, including developing plans and systems and coordinating the day to day activities of the project.
- Supporting data collection through such activities as measuring care coordination activities by clinical staff, measuring the quality of communication across care team members, documenting workflows, and collecting surveys on the patient, family, and clinic team's experiences with care integration.
- Supporting data storage and visualization through the following activities:
- Participating in the design of the database in conjunction with the Program Manager of the Integrated Care Program.
- Conducting quality assurance procedures to ensure reliability and validity of data.
- Supporting development of data collection and management systems. This includes specifications for key data elements; data collection procedures; organization, management, and integrity of databases.
- Assisting in report and presentation development by editing and developing graphics as well as applying design and data analysis techniques to organize the presentation of data in visually innovative ways.
- Presenting performance on care integration to clinical teams and administrative leadership.
- Facilitating rapid cycle quality improvement in care integration.
- Supporting project administrative tasks.
To qualify, you must have:
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor's degree in a health related field and at least 3-5 years of work experience. Preferred 1-2 year's work experience in data management, project coordination, and/ or quality improvement in health care environment, Master's degree a plus.
- Ability to effectively coordinate the activities of employees within assigned unit/department.
- Ability to effectively deal with conflicting views or issues and mediating fair and workable solutions. Strong organizational and project coordination skills.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (i.e. advanced formulas, pivot tables, macros, conditional formatting etc.). Knowledge of Microsoft Access is a plus.
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient interpersonal communications.
- Desire to work in a team based environment.
The Integrated Care Program at Boston Children's Hospital is implementing an integrated care model which aims to improve outcomes for children, families, and care team members. We are seeking a project coordinator who will support the implementation of care integration activities among subspecialty teams (inpatient and ambulatory) as well as network-based, referring providers. This position will focus on supporting database design and maintenance as well as data visualization for the Program.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Department: Network Development & Strategic Partnerships
Schedule: Mon - Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm
Standard Hours Per Week: 40