The Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Support Services plays a critical role in cultivating an inclusive and welcoming campus community. The Associate Dean and Director provides leadership, vision, and coordination of student support practices and policies in partnership with other units including, but not limited to: Dean of the College, Graduate School, Counseling and Psychological Services, University Health Services, Student Conduct, Title IX, Residential Life, and Department of Public Safety. The Associate Dean and Director oversees the implementation and evaluation of interdepartmental processes, protocols, and initiatives focused on student success and development, medical leaves and readmissions, crisis management, and the Administrator on Call system. The Associate Dean and Director actively promotes diversity and social justice through strategic outreach efforts to various student groups (e.g., first-generation, undocumented and DACA students, LGBTQ students), consistent staff training, and ongoing assessment of student needs. The Associate Dean and Director is a member of the Campus Life Executive Group and contributes to divisional priorities and programs.
- Masterâ??s degree in Student Affairs, Education, Social Work, or related field required. Doctorate degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership experience at an educational institution required. Residential college or university preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively with students, colleagues, and families to advise and support undergraduate, graduate, and medical students through difficult and complicated situations.
- Experience in managing crises effectively and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated commitment and success working in a multicultural environment with a critical understanding of social justice issues in both student and workplace settings.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel and fiscal management, including the ability to hire, cultivate and retain outstanding talent.
- Sound judgement and the ability to make difficult and timely decisions with integrity.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to utilize technology and institutional databases in the documentation of records and support of students.
- Flexibility to evolve with a dynamic student affairs environment.
- Experience with assessment strategies used within a student affairs program.
Background Check: Criminal and education verification
Recruiting Start Date:2016-10-25-07:00
Job Posting Title:Associate Dean of Students and Director of Student Support Services
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sexual orientation and/or gender identity, sex, sex orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.