Straub Clinic & Hospital is seeking BC/BE Family Medicine physicians for our growing Urgent Access program. These physicians are based in our family health centers and see same day walk-in patients who are unable to see their primary care physicians. Urgent Access hours are currently 1pm-8pm weekdays, 8-4 Saturdays and 10-4 Sundays. Weekends and holidays required. No call. Full time, part time, and per diem positions available. Weekly schedule varies by clinic.
Positions are hospital employed. Competitive compensation with excellent benefits.
Combine the advantages of an integrated group practice with the cultural diversity, superb lifestyle, excellent climate and year-round recreational activities of the islands!
Experience fully integrated health care at Straub Medical Center!
About Straub Medical Center
Founded in 1921, Straub Medical Center is a fully integrated not-for-profit health care provider with a 159-bed hospital in Honolulu, a
network of neighborhood clinics and a visiting specialist program that reaches throughout the state of Hawai‘i. With more than 400
employed or contracted physici...ans who are leaders in their fields, Straub provides its patients with expert diagnoses and treatments
for more than 32 different medical specialties, including bone and joint, heart, cancer, endocrinology/diabetes, family medicine,
gastroenterology, geriatric medicine, internal medicine, women’s health, vascular and urology. Straub is home to the Pacific Region’s
only multi-disciplinary burn treatment center. The hospital consistently brings new technologies and innovative medical practices to
Hawai‘i, such as minimally invasive cardiac surgery and total joint replacement. Straub is an affiliate of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, one of
the state’s largest health care networks. Learn more at straubhealth.org.
The mission of Straub Medical Center is to create a healthier Hawai‘i.
Straub Medical Center was founded in 1921 as “The Clinic” by Dr. George F. Straub.
Dr. Straub conceived the idea of forming a group of physicians to provide better,
more-specialized care for his patients. Straub Clinic & Hospital became an affiliate
of Hawai‘i Pacific Health on Dec. 21, 2001.
• Healthgrades 2015 Patient Safety Excellence Award™; top 5 percent nationwide
• Healthgrades 2015 Outstanding Patient Experience Award™; top 5 percent
• Level I & III Patient-Centered Medical Home designation from the National
Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA)
• Awarded an “A” in Spring 2014 and 2015 Hospital Safety Score by the
• 2014 Premier Partnership for Patients Award
• 2014 Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citations of Merit
Tradition of Medical Firsts in Hawai‘i
• Arthroscopic knee surgery
• Artificial skin replacements for burns
• Drug eluting stents
• Interventional radiology
• Minimally invasive hip and knee joint replacements
• Mitral valve surgery
• Nuclear medicine
• Pediatric cardiac ablations
• Vascular surgery techniques
• Minimally invasive Tenex procedure