| The University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently seeking a Student Services Assistant Director to function in Student Success Center. The Assistant Director of Student Services embraces the mission of the UMSON Student Success Center by planning, coordinating, and overseeing a variety of professional and administrative activities designed to help students achieve success. The activities include: providing academic and career advising services, coordinating and management of academic support services, development of academic skills seminars, co-curricular programming, and advising student organizations. This position will also be responsible for executing assessment strategies and using the data to continuously improve student success efforts. This position has the authority to formulate, affect, interpret, or implement management policies or operating practices. |
The mission of the UMSON is to develop pre-eminent leaders in nursing education, research, and practice. As a catalyst for creativity and collaboration, we engage diverse groups of professionals, organizations, and communities in addressing local, national, and global health priorities. Together, faculty, staff, and students create a rich and vibrant working and learning environment where knowledge is created and shared. A passion for discovery permeates the educational process and advances the use of evidence as the basis for nursing practice. Accordingly, we are recognized for our scientific knowledge, critical thinking, interprofessional teamwork, and profound commitment to the health of individuals and communities.
Accountability Civility Collaboration Diversity Excellence Knowledge Leadership
At the University of Maryland, Baltimore, we are driven by our seven core values, philosophy, and daily business and education practices of our University
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Provides student academic and career services.
- Create, implement, and provide oversight of programs and events to foster and provide co-curricular and inter-disciplinary learning, leadership, cultural, and social interaction opportunities for students. This can consist of tutoring support, supplementary instruction, student organization advising and support, and other programming designed to facilitate learning and engagement.
- Evaluate and implement civic engagements and leadership models that build on existing programs and create an intelligible and accessible clearinghouse of opportunities for students across interests and disciplines.
- Collaborate and build collaborative relationships with the schools, academic programs, university departments, and other units within Campus Life Services to enhance the quality and variety of student programs on campus.
- Assist with the preparation and revision of publications.
- Identify, recommend, and implement technological tools and products that will enhance the web-based presence and social media programming capabilities of the office.
- May provide student counseling services based on departmental need.
- Track and maintains student academic progress and programmatic data. Design and implement data collection, analysis, and reporting to improve the effectiveness of the Success Center.
- Partner with upper level management on a regular basis in setting strategic goals and objectives, and fosters improvements in policies and procedures.
- May train and supervise tutors, writing specialists, and other academic support personnel.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.