Posting Number: S002853
Full Time/Part Time: Part-time
Department: Continuing Education:H0013
Duties and Responsibilities:
Continuing Education (CE) instructors are hiring for a part-time teaching position on a contingent basis upon the needs of the department to teach the Certified Management Accountant Prep Exam. Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times.
Teach Certified Management Accountant exam prep courses as designated by the Program Director in the Professional Development wing of Continuing Studies.
Responsible for maintaining and improving the quality of instruction.
Collaborates with CE coordinators/program director to develop CE schedules.
Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines.
Provides timely, quality access to students by appointment, electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
Continuously improves instructional quality by reviewing and utilizing innovative methodologies, techniques, and delivery methods, including collaborative learning, learning communities, service learning, instructional technology, and distance education.
Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
Attends in-service meetings or trainings.
Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of documented experience working or teaching in a related field.
Additional Posting Information:
This position is a part-time non-benefits eligible teaching position for the Certified Management Accounting Exam Prep Course
- CMA Certified
- At least 3 years of documented accounting (or related field) experience or teaching accounting (or related field) at a postsecondary level.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to work collaboratively.
- Demonstrated communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality service to students.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead change.
Work Schedule and Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time.
- Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
The following documentation must be submitted:
- Cover letter delineating the manner in which your work experience applies to the job posting.
- Complete UH application with salary history.
- Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors.
NOTE: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted after the interviewing process has been completed.