This role develops, codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software. The Developer typically works with senior staff, but may coordinate smaller or less complex projects independently. This position designs and implements basic technical solutions ensuring that business needs and requirements are met. This role performs basic system integration tasks. The Developer provides estimation for assigned tasks.
- Responds to customer inquiries via phone, online, in-person, etc.
- Creates and maintains code documentation.
- Evaluates feature/upgrade/change requests and recommends action.
- Codes software applications adhering to designs supporting internal business requirements or external user.
- Develops new functionality to meet business requirements and enhances existing customizations and applications
- Completes tier 3 troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoots production issues and implement fixes.
- Opens tickets with vendors.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree or 2 years equivalent experience; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 years relevant experience
- Please see information highlighted below:
- Programming Languages and Frameworks: HTML 5, XML, Object Oriented Programming Language, SQL.
- Analytical: critical thinking, Debugging, problem solving, Troubleshooting.
- Project: Code documentation, collaboration and teamwork, organizational skills, Time management skills, Technical documentation.
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
- Ability to use SQL to access and manipulate data stored in a relational database (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- Proficiency with PeopleCode or an object oriented programming language (PeopleCode, Java, etc).
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish timelines to complete assigned tasks.
- Ability to translate functional requirements into technical design.
- Ability to communicate and convey technical concepts to non-technical resources.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Strong experience and desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of Enterprise resource applications (PeopleSoft, E-Business Suite, etc.) highly desirable.
- Domain knowledge of financial and/or supply chain processes (purchasing, expense processing, general ledger processing, accounts payable, grants processing, etc.) highly desirable.
- Experience working directly with functional analysts and end-users.
- Experience with a structured project methodology and/or agile development.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Date Posted: 10/17/2016