Credential Analyst (San Diego)
Alliant International University
About Alliant International University:
Alliant International University's mission is to provide students with the highest quality of education through innovation in scholarship, applied training and research, and community service, particularly to underserved populations. The University's goal is to equip students with the competencies they need to improve the quality of human life by addressing major contemporary social issues. Core competencies of the University's training programs include cultural diversity, which is infused in courses and field placements and is manifest in the diversity of its students and faculty.
The Credential Analyst, under the general direction of the Dean is responsible for providing candidates with information and guidance about credentialing requirements and to ensure that the University follows the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) credential program regulations. The Credential Analyst performs complex and specialized technical assignments to assure a broad range of credentialing functions that include reviewing, analyzing, evaluating, and processing applications for public school teaching credentials, certificates and permits. Serves as a resource to provide current information to students, staff and members of the faculty on matters regarding State credential requirements and University policies and procedures. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide credential advising to candidates regarding the University's credential programs. Advise candidates, graduates, and others regarding credential issues (internships. Clearing, renewing, or adding credentials). Collaborate with school districts regarding internship and fieldwork requirements. Remain current on California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CCTC) requirements.
2, Evaluate, process and submit credential applications in compliance with CCTC regulations to the (CCTC). Verify completion of requirements and certify all candidates for recommendation.
3. Assist candidates in the application for Certificate of Clearance prior to registration for student teaching/internships.
4. Act as a liaison between the University and the Commission on Teacher Credentialing by attending conferences and workshops to stay current on CCTC regulations and procedures.
5. Monitors and compiles reports and data required for CCTC accreditation.
6. Present credential policies and procedures information during relevant events.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Education: Minimum of a Master's degree and work experience in processing credential applications and academic advising.
Experience: Minimum of four plus years of experience in Credential Analyst/Academic Advising in a related higher education setting
Essential Job Functions:
Excellent communication skills and the ability to relate to and serve faculty.
- High standard of computer skills and ability to learn new programs.
- The ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- The ability to be accurate in details.
- The ability to explain complex requirements in clear and concise terms.
- The drive to encourage, direct, hold accountable and guide candidates toward task completion.
- Ability to use Access and Excel to create databases, forms, queries, and reports, as well as be able to create data entry forms in Adobe.
- Must demonstrate the ability to work as an effective team member and develop trusting relationships with students and Alliant employees, as well as the Registrar's Office and various academic departments.
- Attention to detail and the ability to problem solve is essential to this position.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity and ability to communicate and interact effectively with people of all ages and diverse background
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team player
- Highly motivated, focused and results oriented
- Ability to exercise discretion and tact in all interpersonal contacts, and to maintain confidentiality always
- Ability to manage multiple tasks per required deadlines
- Maintain composure under high stress conditions
- Ability to be optimistic, positive and supportive in all interactions with others
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
Background Check Requirements: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Anti-Discrimination Policy: Alliant International University prohibits discrimination in employment and in its educational programs and activities, including admission or access thereto, on the basis of race, national origin, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or associational preference.
Alliant International University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to ensuring a high quality of education through the diversity of the University community and the curriculum. Women, people of color, people with disabilities and people from other underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply, as we actively seek to increase diversity at all levels. The University will conduct its programs, services and activities consistent with applicable federal, state and local laws, regulations and orders.
This policy is governed by Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the regulations implementing these statutes, and applicable federal and California law.
To apply visit https://alliant.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=77732
Please include a cover letter, resume and three professional references with your submission.
Copyright 2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency