Employment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Provide customer services within the Campus Store and process books and merchandise sales to include operating the point-of-sale-computerized register, assisting customers in locating merchandise and placing special orders. Stock and display merchandise and provide assistance within other areas of the Campus Store.
1. Record sales transactions including cash and charge cards; receive monies and disburse change; cash checks and calculate discounts if applicable.
2. Assist customers in locating merchandise; offer suggestions and place special orders for items not in stock.
3. Assist students and faculty in utilizing the Campus Store fax service.
4. Retrieve merchandise from the stockroom and price and shelve items; assist in setting up window and counter displays.
5. Conduct visual surveillance of retail sales area and alert appropriate personnel of shoplifting activities.
6. Assist with receiving and verifying shipments; notify supervisor or other designated personnel of merchandise needing to be reordered.
7. Maintain cash register supplies; count and balance cash and checks and request change as needed. Ensure adequate currency in the registers each morning and remove currency every afternoon and close the registers.
8. Provide customers with information regarding Campus Store policies and procedures.
9. Assist with semi-annual Campus Store and stockroom inventory processes.
10. Assist in opening and closing the Campus Store to include checking security of windows and doors.
11. Work closely with the Manager of General Merchandise Operations in monitoring and assigning of day-to-day duties and responsibilities to staff and student assistants.
12. Work with the Shipping/Receiving Clerk regarding the flow of merchandise from the receiving area to the sales floor.
13. Provide training for all new employees, temporary staff and student assistants on operating the cash register(s) and sales floor duties and responsibilities.
14. Assist with the processing of mail orders and reservations received through the website to include pulling, processing, and packaging of orders. Contact customers directly regarding issues concerning their mail orders or reservations. Serve as backup for the Manager of General Merchandise in completing the process in his/her absence.
15. Develop and demonstrate a multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate civil and inclusive behavior when interacting with staff, faculty, students and visitors to the College. Promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment and engage in educational opportunities to increase awareness and understanding of diversity and inclusion.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume, cover letter and list of three professional references. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.